Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I about had heart attack this morning when I started my new bike, was letting it warm up and saw that it was dripping underneath! Quite a little puddle going. Got down on my knees cussing like a sailor and noticed that there is a lil hole on the bottom of the exhaust and that it was condensation dripping out of the hole, pooling on the ground. phew.

Has this freaked any other new owners out?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that lil hole adds 4 hp that is only offered on the Orange bikes.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
LOL. I used to work as an automotive tech, and you would be surprised (or maybe not after this morning) how many folks brought their cars in for "leak diagnosis" over normal condensation.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had (and sometimes still have) people at work find me because their cars are "leaking" water. They are usually smart enough to figure out that it only happens on hot days, but never quite put two and two together (or when they do they get three, or worse, five). Doesn't phase me anymore. Now it's a teaching opportunity to make people more self sufficient (along with oil/filter changes and other basic maintenance everyone pays for).

·
Registered
418 Posts
It was the orange bike crying! HAHA. I had the same thing on mine and started freaking out also. Better to drain off than to collect and do God knows what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts