Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks.
New guy here from CT.
I am hopelessly in lust with the new FZ-09.

Things I like:

- Riding
- Naked bikes
- Good food
- Triples
- Snowboarding
- Reliability
- Mountain biking
- Gray & Purple (2 favorite colors)
- Fishing

Anywho, I think (know) I might like (love) the FZ-09.

A few issues though:
- My wife and I do some longer riding (sport touring, if you will). I want the FZ-09.
- I currently own a VFR800A I want the FZ-09.
- I have a strong feeling my wife will be highly disappointed in the "new saddle"... especially since the "Niner" is brand new and Sargent hasn't even hinted at a seat for it. I want the FZ-09.
- Storage... Currently the VFR is outfitted with hard side bags and a top case... But to be honest, I'd be fine with a 46L top case. I want the FZ-09.

Did I mention I really want the FZ-09?!

Wife and I at the App Gap on the Viffer.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Welcome aboard. We get it. However, in the name of full disclosure, one of the super moderators is named "triple" threat. The post title scared me for a sec.

In all reality, you'll find great pics, videos, advice, and technical wisdom on the FZ-09 on the forum. A lot of guys have one, some guys are looking, and some are dreaming. It's all good!

dachshund.jpg Lot's a people ride "two-up"

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard. We get it. However, in the name of full disclosure, one of the super moderators is named "triple" threat. The post title scared me for a sec.

In all reality, you'll find great pics, videos, advice, and technical wisdom on the FZ-09 on the forum. A lot of guys have one, some guys are looking, and some are dreaming. It's all good!

View attachment 832 Lot's a people ride "two-up"
Ha!
I've been lurking for a bit so I know this site is ramping up some awesome knowledge, photos, videos, etc.
I did not know about this Triple Threat character... but is he dreamy?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the Forum!

At first blush my wife felt the seat to be more supportive/comfortable than that of our previous bike (GEN II FZ1). We shall see how things progress once we get a few miles under our belt!

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the Forum!

At first blush my wife felt the seat to be more supportive/comfortable than that of our previous bike (GEN II FZ1). We shall see how things progress once we get a few miles under our belt!
No problem!
And I hope that is the case with the seat.
That will be the ultimate deal breaker for me.
I hope Sargent or Seat Concepts comes out with an aftermarket seat ASAP.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Ha!
I've been lurking for a bit so I know this site is ramping up some awesome knowledge, photos, videos, etc.
I did not know about this Triple Threat character... but is he dreamy?
Uh, my wife thinks so, but then again, she might be a little prejudiced in my direction. Hmmm, "dreamy".... I've been called a LOT of things in my lifetime, but "dreamy" isn't usually one of them....guess it's all in your perspective huh? :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts