Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my wife bought her a FZ-07 today. Here is a picture of her after she got the keys:

The area near the dealer is pretty hectic and we were informed that this was the second FZ-07 they had sold. The first FZ-07 didn't make it but 1/4 mile before the owner laid it down. That bike is dead at the dealer waiting for parts to come in. SOOOO....I drove it about 10 miles to a big church parking lot where my wife could drive it around and get used to it before riding it home.

Here is a picture just after we changed over:

I wanted to take all highway home, but I missed the exit home and we had to go through town..here is her in front of me:

And we finally got it home:

We then took them out for about a 100 mile ride in the country.

When we got back, I snapped some pictures. Here are the bikes side by side:

And from the back:

I think it will be the perfect bike for her. Anyways, thanks for reading =)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Congrats....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nice! They are really cool bikes. I was at my local dealer today checking out the 7, and I must say while I definitely prefer pretty much everything on the 9, the 7 is very cool. Hope I get to ride one some time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sweet! You and I are lucky to have a wife that rides. My buddy's wife won't even be a passenger. It's also lucky that I get to ride hers when she's not home. Like right now. I gotta go!

·
Registered
225 Posts
About that age thing. I was a little too young for Seinfeld, but Google saved me! Excellent reference ;)
At 29, I feel like I barely caught it.

My dad is kind of a racist prick, and always bitched at me for watching "Jew comedy" but I didn't let it stop me.

Now, I have the entire collection on my PC and watch the episodes at random almost daily.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Congratulations you two......she's a looker for sure..........and the bike ain't bad either! :eek: I really do like the white FZ07 a lot. Peggy got the Rapid Red like my FZ09, but Red is probably one of, if not her favorite color...so it's all good. Nice little ride this afternoon....100+ miles. Was she smilin ear to ear all day? Keep us updated on the mods, if any and give us your thoughts on the bike too.

Oh, and BTW.........your tires are cupped Jay! :cool:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations you two......she's a looker for sure..........and the bike ain't bad either! :eek: I really do like the white FZ07 a lot. Peggy got the Rapid Red like my FZ09, but Red is probably one of, if not her favorite color...so it's all good. Nice little ride this afternoon....100+ miles. Was she smilin ear to ear all day? Keep us updated on the mods, if any and give us your thoughts on the bike too.

Oh, and BTW.........your tires are cupped Jay! :cool:
Thanks Vern! Yeah, those tires are seriously cupped ;P Hopefully, I can get the PP3's on this week.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice job, Jay. Yamaha must be loving these FZ households. NICE!
I bet they are! We may start seeing a new trend of FZ bumper stickers on bikes too:

"I don't need 15K RPM to get off!"

"Real men ride FZ-07's/FZ-09's!"

"My girl rides an FZ-07/FZ-09!"

"My guy rides an FZ-07/FZ-09!"

"Got FZ?"

"I'm one cylinder short of a REAL good time!"

"Cylinder envy?"

"Got curves?"

"|| + ||| = <3"

·
Registered
885 Posts
Congratulations from me as well. The FZ-09 and FZ-07 are great together. Many happy rides to both of you!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sweet! They look good together. My wifey is about ready to move up from her CBR250r and this might just be the ticket too.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Congrats Jay...and Mrs Jay. Nothing nicer than riding with your best friend. You guys rock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts