Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 18 years, during the first week of may I have been pointing my motorcycle south (from Michigan) to ride for a week on some of the best roads in the world. I have owned a ton of bikes over the years;

CB350
FZR600
VFR750
KLR650
VTR1000 (2 different ones - Great Bike)
TL1000R
CBR600RR
CBR1000RR
URAL Sidecar

Without a doubt the the FZ09 has been the most fun! This winter I installed a Penske double clicker, sent the front to Race Tech for springs and valves and added a Puig touring screen so to say I'm excited to leave this Sunday on out 18th consecutive year is an understatement!

So I come to my main point and I will make it brief. I am 46, married for 24 years and I have 2 daughters...one in college and one in high school. I'm an engaged father, I go to EVERYTHING and do everything with my family so when my bike trip comes up its difficult sometimes but we make it happen! Some years the bikes don't get a lot of miles but its always in the garage. You will have lots of reasons over the years to hang a for sale sign on your sled...new baby...marriage...maybe a crash but DON'T. Involve the kids somehow, carve out out a few rides a year...hell sometimes all I have time for is to wash it but I guess the key is I still have it and can ride whenever to opportunity presents itself.

download.jpg IMG_4953.jpg IMG_7263.JPG

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good job, Tvsorgatz!
This is my friend's daughter. She and Dad go on hikes, motorcycle rides, etc... It's a bond they have that cannot be challenged.
Well, maybe just a little when she got off Dad's Harley and on my ST. ;-)
IMG_8258.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good vibe on your post. I totally agree with the advice to keep riding.

I have had lots of bikes over the years too and I have never had so much fun as this FZ09. I am 49 with three kids and I ride every day to work and back about 100mi round trip. I would take the car but it ain't no fun and the traffic slows me down in a car and we can split lanes here in CA so I make better time and arrive with a smile on my face most days.

photo (4).jpg
Decade ago (0r two)

Jeep with daughter.jpg
Daughter and friend with a few jeeps I built

20150207_Palomar Mountain_1671-L.jpg
Recent ride with the wifey.

Keep your family enjoying it and they will make some cool memories. Don't stop riding.

·
Registered
241 Posts
great post, have you been able to bring the kids along on any trips with the URAL?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts