Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 18 years, during the first week of may I have been pointing my motorcycle south (from Michigan) to ride for a week on some of the best roads in the world. I have owned a ton of bikes over the years;

CB350
FZR600
VFR750
KLR650
VTR1000 (2 different ones - Great Bike)
TL1000R
CBR600RR
CBR1000RR
URAL Sidecar

Without a doubt the the FZ09 has been the most fun! This winter I installed a Penske double clicker, sent the front to Race Tech for springs and valves and added a Puig touring screen so to say I'm excited to leave this Sunday on out 18th consecutive year is an understatement!

So I come to my main point and I will make it brief. I am 46, married for 24 years and I have 2 daughters...one in college and one in high school. I'm an engaged father, I go to EVERYTHING and do everything with my family so when my bike trip comes up its difficult sometimes but we make it happen! Some years the bikes don't get a lot of miles but its always in the garage. You will have lots of reasons over the years to hang a for sale sign on your sled...new baby...marriage...maybe a crash but DON'T. Involve the kids somehow, carve out out a few rides a year...hell sometimes all I have time for is to wash it but I guess the key is I still have it and can ride whenever to opportunity presents itself.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycling Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Sidecar

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good job, Tvsorgatz!
This is my friend's daughter. She and Dad go on hikes, motorcycle rides, etc... It's a bond they have that cannot be challenged.
Well, maybe just a little when she got off Dad's Harley and on my ST. ;-)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good vibe on your post. I totally agree with the advice to keep riding.

I have had lots of bikes over the years too and I have never had so much fun as this FZ09. I am 49 with three kids and I ride every day to work and back about 100mi round trip. I would take the car but it ain't no fun and the traffic slows me down in a car and we can split lanes here in CA so I make better time and arrive with a smile on my face most days.

Vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Rim Chopper
Decade ago (0r two)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Jeep cj
Daughter and friend with a few jeeps I built

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycling Motorcycle helmet
Recent ride with the wifey.

Keep your family enjoying it and they will make some cool memories. Don't stop riding.

·
Registered
241 Posts
great post, have you been able to bring the kids along on any trips with the URAL?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts