Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can somebody do me a quick favor to satisfy my OCD? I noticed today that whenever I turn the key off (as when I simply turn the key on to check the mileage and then turn the key back off), the check engine light flashes (and by 'flashes' I mean a very brief flicker once, not illuminating repeatedly). Is this normal? I haven't ridden the bike as much lately with this miserable weather/salt but I don't remember it doing that.

This is probably a dumb question, but given my electrical problems with my other Yamaha, I wanted to be sure while this one is still under warranty.

·
Banned
486 Posts
sometimes does sometimes doesnt. dont worry bout it mine has dine it since 0 miles now at 5000

btw ive had best experience when i leave things alone. yamaha builds these bikes right so i wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ok, I went down stairs, out to the Airtight Garage, and turned the bike on and off three times without starting the motor. And yes my engine light came on three times right before the switch went into the off position.

You owe me a beer!

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I went down stairs, out to the Airtight Garage, and turned the bike on and off three times without starting the motor. And yes my engine light came on three times right before the switch went into the off position.

You owe me a beer!

Ride Safe.
Thanks for checking! If you were here I'd crack you open one of the Redhook IPAs in our kegerator.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I just started seeing the check engine light tonight. I installed a slip on exhaust last weekend and tonight it started coming on when I was idling. As soon as I get on the gas the light goes away. Comes back on at idle though.

I've pulled the battery to let the ECU reset a couple times since the exhaust was installed. Once after install, again after removing dB killer. Checked my oil level and all good there.. When I reinstalled the O2 sensor, I added some anti-seize to the threads and torqued hand tight. Seems snug.

Any thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts