Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
That video si showing the instructions on how to get the MT-09 (FZ-09) in Full Power mode. Not to correct the throttle or to get rid of the speed limiter, only how to get the bike at 115 hp and not restricted for their beginner level license. As in France they have some restrictions in power output on their first license.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Ya. You need to ground one green wire and change the setting on the dash. Nothing for us to worry about... and we can't adjust the CO either.

·
Registered
58 Posts
just figured you can adjust this on the MT09 Model so..

I went ahead and set my CO to 14 as mentioned in other threads.
I then went to take a look at the DIAG menu and I believe i altered some of the settings inside.

Is there any way I can check what the defaults are? Or am i able to reset it to stock? Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
58 Posts
All french bikes are limited to max 106hp afaik
Hi Madgelo,

Yes I did read this, but i am looking for assistance in the DIAG default settings for the MT09. Is anyone able to help on this? Or is it best i contact the dealer?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I then went to take a look at the DIAG menu and I believe i altered some of the settings inside.
no, diagnostics mode is for diagnostics - with the exception of the hp derestriction on french bikes, there isn't really anything you can permanently change using the standard menus.

what settings do you think you changed?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hmmmmm.......CO can be adjusted on the Aussie model via the dash?

Time to start playing a little. Mine are currently set at 0 for all 3 cylinders. I think the adjustment only changes the settings when the stock O2 sensor is active and in use.

Marthy.......you have had a bit more experience in this than I, what exactly does changing the CO settings do for your motorcycle? I understand that it adjust the fuel mapping richer or leaner depending on the values entered.........but would love to hear more of a professional opinion from you........I believe you have had experience with these settings before.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmmmmm.......CO can be adjusted on the Aussie model via the dash?

Time to start playing a little. Mine are currently set at 0 for all 3 cylinders. I think the adjustment only changes the settings when the stock O2 sensor is active and in use.

Marthy.......you have had a bit more experience in this than I, what exactly does changing the CO settings do for your motorcycle? I understand that it adjust the fuel mapping richer or leaner depending on the values entered.........but would love to hear more of a professional opinion from you........I believe you have had experience with these settings before.
Yeah I changed mine to 14 a while back. Adds more fuel to the first 2% of your throttle I hear...as soon as I changed it my snatchy throttle pretty much went away - that was on a stock bike too with no other ECU/Fuel Controller changes.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah I changed mine to 14 a while back. Adds more fuel to the first 2% of your throttle I hear...as soon as I changed it my snatchy throttle pretty much went away - that was on a stock bike too with no other ECU/Fuel Controller changes.
Changed to 14 on all 3 settings for the ride home, but engine seems to get warmer easier? Did you experience this? Just seemed to climb to about 90 and stay there whilst riding, where as its usually a couple degree cooler. Fan came on sitting at the lights. Maybe I am just being anal lol. Can smell a richer exhaust at idle though, even the missus noticed when I pulled up at home.

Yours still at 14 now? I backed off to 5 on each and will give it another squirt in the morning. Nevertheless it did idle smoother, and on/off throttle was indeed less choppy again, even after the flash. Wheelies were even more controllable.......as if I need them to be any easier!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Changed to 14 on all 3 settings for the ride home, but engine seems to get warmer easier? Did you experience this? Just seemed to climb to about 90 and stay there whilst riding, where as its usually a couple degree cooler. Fan came on sitting at the lights. Maybe I am just being anal lol. Can smell a richer exhaust at idle though, even the missus noticed when I pulled up at home.

Yours still at 14 now? I backed off to 5 on each and will give it another squirt in the morning. Nevertheless it did idle smoother, and on/off throttle was indeed less choppy again, even after the flash. Wheelies were even more controllable.......as if I need them to be any easier!!!!
I gather your flash didnt change CO settings (if they can?) and they were still set to 0 when you got it back?

Mines probably running 5-10 degrees cooler than it was pre-CO change but Im not sure if that was due to the fuel controller adding more fuel or the CO setting change.

I havent noticed it getting hotter sooner although I probably wasnt paying enough attention when I changed it - I was just super excited that such a small change led to a much different throttle!

I get my ECU back from ECUWest tomorrow or Thurs - will shift my CO settings back to 0 and then change them to 14 to see what differences it makes! I dont want to have the bike too sterile though - a little bit of zip off the line makes it fun :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Just yesterday I read that the Australian bikes and some Euro bike have a different CPU that allows access to CO. We are stuck with having to pay for a reflash to accomplish the same thing. Damn the EPA.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi,

Got an Australian MT. Where are the instructions on how to do the CO adjustment?
No instructions really as its not something that we should be playing with........according to Yamaha lol.

1. Ignition off, hold down "MODE" and "SELECT" buttons on dash.
2. Turn on ignition via key and keep holding down those buttons for about 6-8 seconds until "DIAG" appears on dash.
3. Press the "MODE" button to go to the next screen which displays "CO"
4. Again hold both mode and select buttons for a few seconds, you will hear a tick from near the tank and the display will change to "CO 1". This is your first cylinder. You can scroll through the other cylinders by using the mode or select button.
5. Select desired cylinder and again hold both mode and select buttons for a few seconds, you will then see a value appear that can be changed......mode to go up in value, select to go down in value.
6. Once desired value is reached, again press the mode and select buttons together to save this value and return to the previous cylinder select screen. You dont need to hold them this time, just press them both at the same time.

Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the other 2 cylinders. Once all values have been set and saved and you are back at the cylinder selection screeen, simply turn off ignition. Done.

Does anyone really know what this does? I dont think so. And that worries me.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just yesterday I read that the Australian bikes and some Euro bike have a different CPU that allows access to CO. We are stuck with having to pay for a reflash to accomplish the same thing. Damn the EPA.
Do you know what it does? I cant get a straight answer anywhere on the entire web.

We still need a reflash, the CO adjustment only makes changes that are evident whilst the bike is cruising or running in its ECO mode (closed loop I think?) The bike still needs all the other benefits that come with the reflash such as the removal of timing restrictions and adding fuel on decel etc.

Your reflash costs basically nothing, $150 bucks? A good meal for 2 at a restaurant. $500 dollars for us here in Australia.

Which is a night out at a restaurant in Australia lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts