Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im trying to get some brake lines made for my fz09 that i just picked up but the company that makes them doesnt have any oem lines to copy yet. Im sure someone has a set lying around after they changed theirs. I was hoping to do my swap the same day so i cant take mine off until i get replacements. I was hoping someone would let me "borrow" theirs until i get my replacements then i can send you the ones off of my bike. Mine is a 2014 and has been parked inside and has 1031 miles on it. I'll pay shipping both ways. Thanks...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Seem like a lot of trouble for nothing. I think I would chose a vendor who knows what he is doing. Just my 2 cent worth, or less.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seem like a lot of trouble for nothing. I think I would chose a vendor who knows what he is doing. Just my 2 cent worth, or less.
They're Hel lines. i have them on both of my DRZs. i've been happy with them. The fz09 is relatively new in the US and with all the other people making them im sure people just buy them from someone else. but I like what they make and the options they have. i cant find the color i want from anyone else. The only trouble would be finding someone with the time to take their unused lines out of their old parts box and put them in the mail.

Reactions: alnbama

·
Registered
857 Posts
They're Hel lines. i have them on both of my DRZs. i've been happy with them. The fz09 is relatively new in the US and with all the other people making them im sure people just buy them from someone else. but I like what they make and the options they have. i cant find the color i want from anyone else. The only trouble would be finding someone with the time to take their unused lines out of their old parts box and put them in the mail.
FZ-08 lines might work. The fittings are probably the same, use a piece of string to measure the length. This is not rocket surgery. Good luck, I will send you my stock lines when I swap them out in a year or two. BFF! ;^)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'll send you mine, but only if you send back some free steel braided ones.

Reactions: jawknee21

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll send you mine, but only if you send back some free steel braided ones.
hah. ill send you a picture of the ones i get. better than nothing. my bike is at the shop waiting for the ecu reflash and the headlight wiring. i could just take mine off and send them but someone already has them off and isnt using them. i just have to find out who...:confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If my wife hasn't taken out the garage trash, I can send mine. I will check when I get home.
I'd appreciate it. Let me know where to send the $ and how much for shipping.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I am pretty sure I still have my OEM lines and you are welcome to them if you want them.

I only replaced my front brakelines with braided lines so I know the stock rear brakeline is still on the bike and you can't have that one. Sorry.

Reactions: jawknee21
1 - 9 of 9 Posts