Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And in traffic?

If so, why?

·
Registered
539 Posts
No for me personally, I find that the highbeam shines into the night sky more than the road. I feel like I'm calling in HawkerJet with my ALSF-1 light setup when I use highbeams.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nope. Can't see crap with just the high beam. If it's pitch black and no oncoming traffic I'll hold the flash to pass switch down.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I use mine during the day, but not so much at night.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The stock one was useless. I found myself holding in the flash to pass button going around unlighted off ramps. Now with the tripage led, the low beam is filled in with the high beam, so I do use the high beam in those situations. It's also brilliant for blinding yourself with the reflection off of highway signage.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I only use mine when I'm raccoon hunting.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
With the stock headlight/bulb I keep it on high beam unless I get "flick" from incoming cars. With the HID projector I put it down to low beam, I use high beam whenever I can.

On a side note... I have the HID package on the FZ09 from Chad. I never did it on my FZ6R, I installed auxiliary lights instead (2 x 1300 lumens). Recently I got a LED bulb from Tripage (FZ09...) and I have to admit that the stock beam is quite amazing. For $50ish this is an amazing light upgrade. I can't tell a difference from my hi-$$$ HID kit. Greatly recommended!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I use mine 100% during daylight riding. I always dim for others at night, same as in my car. But, I've never ridden the FZ at night. Not avoiding it. I just haven't had the opportunity yet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would normally use a high beam on most bikes but the stocker light on high beam is worse than low beam I think. I need to look into the led option.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I suggest checking you headlight adjustment beam focus while sitting on the bike. Low beam pattern was over a foot higher on my bike, came like that from factory. I measured 34.5" to center of headlight, 25' from wall. Hi beam was shooting up too hi, now is useful. Got tripage LED bulb, low/hi beam work at the same time, but did notice when you turn on hi beam it slightly dims low beam. Still better than stock.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I suggest checking you headlight adjustment beam focus while sitting on the bike. Low beam pattern was over a foot higher on my bike, came like that from factory. I measured 34.5" to center of headlight, 25' from wall. Hi beam was shooting up too hi, now is useful. Got tripage LED bulb, low/hi beam work at the same time, but did notice when you turn on hi beam it slightly dims low beam. Still better than stock.
I am considering tripage also. Literally plug and play? Can you return to stock if needed easily?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have the high beam adjusted a bit low for a normal high beam, and I use it full time at night. The high and low were too far apart to be able to use both - so I adjusted the high beam down to reduce the glare for oncoming cars. If I set the low beam to be usable - then the high bean was in the trees. I ride mostly at night - so better lighting is right behind a double clicker shock for me. I was going to do a couple of led driving lights - but the bulb from tripage might do the trick, and it's cheap enough to consider doing it before the shock...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am considering tripage also. Literally plug and play? Can you return to stock if needed easily?
Yea you can go back to stock anytime. Just gotta remove the ballast and heatsink. Theres a guy that posted the install with pix on here. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the high beam adjusted a bit low for a normal high beam, and I use it full time at night. The high and low were too far apart to be able to use both - so I adjusted the high beam down to reduce the glare for oncoming cars. If I set the low beam to be usable - then the high bean was in the trees. I ride mostly at night - so better lighting is right behind a double clicker shock for me. I was going to do a couple of led driving lights - but the bulb from tripage might do the trick, and it's cheap enough to consider doing it before the shock...
I installed a ZX10 rear shock. Im 200lbs. Light output beam rises about 4" when i sit on the bike.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I run the high beam mostly in corners... it works pretty well in that situation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts