Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, Why?
For proof in an accident? YouTube Channel?
The last time I had a bike it was not popular. Now it seems to be everywhere....

Thanks in advance
Sled

·
Registered
132 Posts
For me, mostly for insurance purposes. I also have a dash cam in all my cars. The investment has been well worth it. A lot of people out there without integrity. I’ve been in an accident in my Chevy Volt where it was the other driver’s fault. She denied any fault of course. But little did she know that I had a dash cam. She told her insurance that it was my fault. Well I provided the footage which clearly shows her at fault. I was deemed not at fault and her insurance paid for everything. If I didn’t have that footage then it would have been a “he said she said” situation and I would have been found 50% at fault. My wife had a similar situation. Without the dash cam footage she would have been found at fault.

Moral of the story: more people nowadays have no integrity. So protect yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I do for insurance. Occasionally I'll get a fun clip I'll edit and post to Instagram but that's just between a few friends and I.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sled.
Where do you live and what do you ride?
In your post you seem to be a retread. If so what did you have before?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am currently debating mounting my helmet cam (sony 3000 actioncam) on my new Shoei gt air 2
since people now think it is ok for a small momentary need to ignore law/rules and almost kill some one.

·
Super Moderator
4,221 Posts
Welcome Sled. If you get a chance and care to, post up a bit about yourself in the Introductions sub-forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum Sled.
Where do you live and what do you ride?
In your post you seem to be a retread. If so what did you have before?
Inquiring minds want to know.
I used to ride a Suzuki M109r
Currently researching for a spring purchase

Sled

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
345 Posts
Moral of the story: more people nowadays have no integrity. So protect yourself.
Truth. I work with crashes regularly, and it's amazing how full of it people are. So many hit and runs (probably 10-15% of crashes I deal with). Then there's people just lying their ass off. If you don't have some sort of recording device, you will get screwed in the event of a crash.

I decided to finally get a camera after my wife was rear-ended and the guys insurance refused to pay because he said she rolled back on a completely flat surface and hit him. After he lied about his name, his insurance, and who owned the vehicle.

On the plus side, I also get to record my outings and have been trying to edit them into motovlogs/ride-along videos of sorts. So that's nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts