Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people seem to not like the underslung exhaust set up on the FZ-09 but I really like it. It's tucked away and not sticking out which I prefer. I actually prefer underneath the seat but I'll definitely take this set up. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some people seem to not like the underslung exhaust set up on the FZ-09 but I really like it. It's tucked away and not sticking out which I prefer. I actually prefer underneath the seat but I'll definitely take this set up. What are your thoughts?
I like it, it fits the bikes personality really well. Less weight, less heat on your ass....

·
Super Moderator
5,699 Posts
When you have a bike that is as light weight as the new FZ 09, mass centralization becomes very important. Usually, the Cat and the muffler are quite heavy and to have that mass centrally located and under the bike to help maintain a low center of gravity will definitely contribute towards the bike being very flickable. I have had several CBRs....a couple of the 1000RRs, and two of the 600RRs, where the exhaust is up under the rear tail section. They tend to make the bikes a bit top heavy when compared to the type exhaust that the FZ 09 and the newer 1000RR have. I like it for both; the reason mentioned above and the looks of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
13-1199R.jpg

If under frame is good enough for these guys, it's ok by me.

Had an ER6N with a Yosh muffler under. Worked well and sounded great, too.

click the pic to enlarge...tp

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like it. The guy over on the Advrider forum that actually heard it at a FJR rally, said that it seem louder than most stock exhaust systems. I hope so, I'm not planning on any mods at this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm hoping the aftermarket exhaust companies will have a full exhaust that maintains the weight distribution characteristics of the stock one ready to go at least by the time I'm ready to purchase next year (fingers crossed). My motorcycle HAS to be loud and I don't think the stock pipe will cut it...

·
Registered
188 Posts
<----- Falls over and takes a moment to regain steady footing...
now now .. how can he possibly plan on modding the thing?... hasnt even come out... i'm sure he will have it .. oooooh say .. at least 15 or 20 seconds out of the dealership before the modification bug strikes!! ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
What is that old saying about the very first head's up drag race happened the moment the second car rolled off the assembly line?

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I decide to order the bike, I'll put money down on the first exhaust out. I had wheels ordered for my mazdaspeed three a month before it came in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i think it looks awesome too.

anyone here live in cali? im afraid chp is gonna be crackin down on bikes made in 2013+ with aftermarket exhausts. anyone encounter anything yet?

If I decide to order the bike, I'll put money down on the first exhaust out. I had wheels ordered for my mazdaspeed three a month before it came in.
i have an 08 speed3. awesome and fun car haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
regarding the original question, this is where the exhaust should be.
regarding replacements, surely you will lose close to 20 pounds
I'm hoping the aftermarket exhaust companies will have a full exhaust that maintains the weight distribution characteristics of the stock one ready to go at least by the time I'm ready to purchase next year (fingers crossed). My motorcycle HAS to be loud and I don't think the stock pipe will cut it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts