Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 2021 MT-07 and was curious if anyone knows if parts from past models fit the 2021 model, such as the fender eliminator, exhaust, new turn signals, etc. I wanted to be sure before I start purchasing things and find out they don’t fit. Most items I can find say 2019 or 2020 but it’s too soon for 2021

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
871 Posts
MY guess is that many do but definitely not all. I have an MT 10 and there are shared parts with the 09s. You can go into Partzilla and look at factory part diagrams for each bike and compare part numbers.

·
Registered
636 Posts
It's too soon. No one knows yet since they have not been out that long. We need new owners, such as yourselves, to try things out and inform the forum.

I'm guessing that the blinkers will be an easy fit. Yamaha hasn't changed how their stock blinkers are mounted in a long time.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,485 Posts
Part numbers don’t always tell you the whole story. They will confirm if two parts are identical, but they won’t necessarily tell you if they are different enough not to work.

Often times, they will assign a new number to a part that’s simply updated, or a slightly different color or texture than the previous one, but the parts will be interchangeable.

Sometimes it’s obvious, sometimes it’s not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! Gunna try some things ina few weeks like a new fender eliminater and frame sliders! Let yall know!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! Gunna try some things ina few weeks like a new fender eliminater and frame sliders! Let yall know!
Very little appears to have been changed on the 07 for '21. Headlight, maybe the radiator, a few other bits. For the most part, the 07 looks almost identical to previous years, unlike the 09, which has an entirely new chassis and bodywork. Your frame sliders will likely be fine, and I don't see why the fender eliminator wouldn't work...

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI- wiring harness’s for 2021 is different than 2020’s, I bought the 2020 newragecycles fender eliminator kit hoping it would work for the 2021, it does not. Going to have to return it, here’s what the 2021 connectors look like. Frame sliders from previous years do work though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
A word to the wise - this is the FZ-09 Forum: FZ-07 has its own! Not being a dog in the manger here, just thinking the OP may get better results on the correct site.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
A word to the wise - this is the FZ-09 Forum: FZ-07 has its own! Not being a dog in the manger here, just thinking the OP many get better results on the correct site.
Good point.

It’s also helpful if the OP might consider checking in and responding one time, after posting this question a month ago… 💁🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys I was just googling if 2020 parts would fit 2021 and found this forum, that’s why I joined the convo. I’m going to go check out the 07 forum, won’t post anymore on here. Have fun out there!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Y'all scared the poor child away. LMFAO!

You bettaaa!!! Otherwise, we come searching for you!
We will still come hunting for you!

won’t post anymore on here.
@Rmyers974, no one is kicking you out dude. We just have too many blokes that join in, ask a question, and DISAPPEAR. It's kind of a waste of time for us to try talk to those "one hit wonders". This is a community. We welcome you and want you to participate and post your questions, comments, experiences etc. Just not ask one question and poof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just came in to share what I have learned about my bike so far. Randomly found this site on google and registered to let the OP know what I’ve learned about the 2021, the turn signals connectors are different than the 2020, (fender eliminator will mount just have to do some cutting and wire splicing opposed to plug n play) frame and axle sliders from previous gens do work. I’m glad there’s an 07 forum for me to link up with other 07 owners as I wasn’t aware, I appreciate the info so I can use the correct forum if I ever need it going forward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a tst rear smoked tail light specific for the 2021 mt07 and fender eliminator plate bracket is the same as previous years i was told.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts