Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Dealers Swap Out Frames????
I noticed that the dealer I bought my FZ-09

Has 2 bikes:
Blazing Orange with the Black Frame
and
Rapid Red with the Silver Frame - *Brand New 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 - RAPID RED One of a Kind, Silver Frame
00p0p_5c4kFgG6Dd0_600x450.jpg

I thought the Rapid Red was always with the Black frame
I thought the Blazing Orange was always with the Silver frame

I think they both look awesome - but has anyone else heard of a Dealer Doing this??? It is like a custom order.
Let me know if other Dealerships are doing this too??? :confused:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe he just swapped the tank and plastics...
they did the same with the wheels too.... Won't that mess up the color codes/vin number for the bike???

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Red was awesome looking and the Blazing Orange was beautiful... Made me second guess my Graphite choice.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The Rapid Red was awesome looking and the Blazing Orange was beautiful... Made me second guess my Graphite choice.
No comment, LMAO:cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
tank and plastics swap. somebody with a blazing orange probably wanted a black frame.
The Blazing Orange with the Black Frame was very Sharp Looking - I am guessing they sold it already. These guys are making a killing on these bikes.

I could be wrong -- but craigslist is full of Super Sport Bikes but not that many of these Sport Bikes. (supply and demand) Shift in the Riding Industry ???

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The Red was awesome looking and the Blazing Orange was beautiful... Made me second guess my Graphite choice.
This was too easy.........;)

Reactions: Horsman

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Don't you feel better now.....???

The Truth shall set you free........I'd bet your BP dropped 10 pts:cool:

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would love a black frame!!!! Got a bloody silver one on my Graphite 09, and is the sorest point on the bike for me. None of the bikes released in Oz had a black frame........all silver. And we didnt get the option of the Rufie Red either over this way, which is all good as its not as quick as the Graphite anyway.

Funny that a lot with a black frame want the silver, and vice versa.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I would love a black frame!!!! Got a bloody silver one on my Graphite 09, and is the sorest point on the bike for me. None of the bikes released in Oz had a black frame........all silver. And we didnt get the option of the Rapid Red either over this way, which is all good as its not as quick as the Graphite anyway.

Perhaps the air is too thick over there for any color...but over here, The Rapid Red is the Fastest FZ made:cool:

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would love a black frame!!!! Got a bloody silver one on my Graphite 09, and is the sorest point on the bike for me. None of the bikes released in Oz had a black frame........all silver. And we didnt get the option of the Rufie Red either over this way, which is all good as its not as quick as the Graphite anyway.

I quite like my alum frame on my race blue (yamaha called it race as its obviously faster :) )

The grey handlebars though dont get me going but thats a slightly cheaper and easier fix than changing a frame!

·
Registered
18 Posts
fz09 resize.jpg

I actually bought one of the bikes the O.P. is talking about! I have the Blazing Orange with the black frame! By the time I bought it, they had done quite a few more mods to the bike! Full Two Brothers exhaust, tail eliminator, turn signals, custom frame sliders, pazzo levers, windscreen. They didn't just switch tank and plastics, they also did the wheels. Also my vin number identifies as a Rapid Red. And I only bought it in September.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Did they sell them as pre-owned? I thought that changing the color from what is on the title meant that it had to be sold as used. Maybe no longer an issue since everyone uses e-titles now...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts