Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my DIY manometer.

Easy to make and use.

I used:

(20') clear 1/4" tubing

(1) 1/4" T fitting

(3') of 5/32" black tubing. (Some said use 3/16, but that is too big for a good seal to the throttle body bibs)

(3) 1/4" inline vacuum fittings (USE FOR RESTRICTORS) (See below)(to connect the clear and black tubing) Its a tight fit to get the 5/32 tube over them, but it isnt too hard.

Fill with tubes with Trans fluid, Marvel Mystery Oil, or 2 stroke oil. Any will be fine. I put one tube in the bottle, plugged the middle tube with my finger and sucked on the third tube. Takes a little trial and error to get the amount you want in. I had to blow some back out as I got too much in at first. Its easy though.

The Restrictors. You want to restrict the air flow quite a bit to reduce bouncing of the fluid or sucking up into the throttle bodies if they are too out of sync. For this I took the 1/4" inline fittings and heated the tips up with a lighter. I then rolled the tips until they were sealed closed, then heated and pushed to make a flat surface. I did this to both sides of all three. Then I took a small drill bit and drilled a hole in each end. Think it was about 1/8" or a little smaller of a hole. Then insert the fittings between your two lines.

I had a piece of wood that I just painted white, drew some lines on. I attached the hoses to the board with some glue and zip tied the tops.

Picture attached. Sorry I dont have any more detailed pictures. This shows everything pretty clearly though.

20180604_214947.jpg

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good job, how much did it cost? Im sure its cheaper than my $90 i paid for mine.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think it came out to around $30. Little more than I was thinking it would, but not bad. Carbtune is going for a little over $90 right now with the conversion rate and I really thought about just getting one of those. We really enjoy building our own things though, so I had fun making it and saved a few pennies. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts