Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fabrication skills are barnyard, but it can be fun to make bike bits anyway. Some Paint doodles, the first is with the stock dangling fender – plate holder etc erased.

NoRearFender.jpg

The second pic is an overall view of what I am thinking of.

DIY-3.jpg

The third is more detailed, one piece of 1/8 or 3/16 inch aluminum folded. Several ways it can be cut and folded. The black lines are where it is perpendicular to the view, red is flat to the view.

DIY-3-Details.jpg

It can be painted any color, I might use red 3M Scotchlite Reflective Tape.
3M Scotchlite Reflective Tape, Red, 2-Inch by 36-Inch - Amazon.com

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the photos I can’t figure out what is going on in the area where the stock hanging fender mounts to the under-seat. This pic is cropped and resized from the Laguna thread.

http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/8-fz-09-pictures-videos/126-pics-laguna.html

What is that round thing? If it wasn’t facing down it would look like something you’d flip open and pour a liquid into. Hmmm, maybe the FZ-09 is an electric hybrid, and that is where you can plug it in to recharge the batteries. It would explain the smallish gas tank, at 100+ mpg it is plenty. ;)

A quick release for the whole hanging thing? For track days etc? I doubt it, and if true it seems Yamaha would have listed it in the published features.

What-is-it.jpg

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
From the photos I can’t figure out what is going on in the area where the stock hanging fender mounts to the under-seat. This pic is cropped and resized from the Laguna thread.

http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/8-fz-09-pictures-videos/126-pics-laguna.html

What is that round thing? If it wasn’t facing down it would look like something you’d flip open and pour a liquid into. Hmmm, maybe the FZ-09 is an electric hybrid, and that is where you can plug it in to recharge the batteries. It would explain the smallish gas tank, at 100+ mpg it is plenty. ;)

A quick release for the whole hanging thing? For track days etc? I doubt it, and if true it seems Yamaha would have listed it in the published features.

View attachment 248
You are trying to be funny, right. I was wondering what it was myself. THis is not intended to be a track bike from the factory. My best guess is that it is a waterproof cover for a key slot to pop the seat up to get into a small storage tray.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are trying to be funny, right. I was wondering what it was myself. THis is not intended to be a track bike from the factory. My best guess is that it is a waterproof cover for a key slot to pop the seat up to get into a small storage tray.
Dang, because of the out of the way location I didn't think of that, on my SV the key slot for that was easy to use on the side of the tail. And I used it a lot. If that what it is on the 09 I guess with a bit of practice you can use it without bending all the way down to look at it, but still a pain in the *** to use often.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My fabrication skills are barnyard, but it can be fun to make bike bits anyway. Some Paint doodles, the first is with the stock dangling fender – plate holder etc erased.

View attachment 245

The second pic is an overall view of what I am thinking of.

View attachment 246

The third is more detailed, one piece of 1/8 or 3/16 inch aluminum folded. Several ways it can be cut and folded. The black lines are where it is perpendicular to the view, red is flat to the view.

View attachment 247

It can be painted any color, I might use red 3M Scotchlite Reflective Tape.
3M Scotchlite Reflective Tape, Red, 2-Inch by 36-Inch - Amazon.com
You better start fabricating some up then!! ... I'll order one! ... For a reasonable price!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Plan A:

Plan B:

HAHA! I am waiting to see what the aftermarket has in store for the bike so that I can get one and do a write up for you guys.

Do you see what I do for you guys?!? Do you see???

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes Mr Nick ... you have provided 2 very elegant and functional removal devices! .. :encouragement:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Plan A:

Plan B:

HAHA! I am waiting to see what the aftermarket has in store for the bike so that I can get one and do a write up for you guys.

Do you see what I do for you guys?!? Do you see???
Step one: Attach rear fender to solid object, a tree for example

Step two: Accelerate away rapidly :)

Step three: ????

Problem solved, no tools required :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Attach .... With what? .. Maybe no tools ... But need something... Rope? Chain? .... Cable ties? ...

I see a flaw in thy design grasshopper ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Not exactly the rear fender, but you get the idea....

Reactions: Janx101

·
Registered
21 Posts
Plan 'C', would be the angle grinder, w/ cut-off wheel..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts