7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this project a couple days ago.

Watch "FZ-09 Tidy Tail /Fender Eliminator For $5" on YouTube
FZ-09 Tidy Tail /Fender Eliminator For $5:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Now the stock signals look worse than they did stock...and they are too close to each other, which is illegal. There are no rear reflectors which is also illegal....and no license plate light, which is also illegal. Not to mention when you ride in the rain...the spray off the rear tire is going to soak your back. Cheap ...yes.....but not attractive or effective in my opinion.
There are good tail tidy's on E-Bay for $45.00.

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
I will say that I'm not wild about the look. However, aesthetics are a matter of personal taste and in your particular case you did make the most of
what you had to work with and you did so with a minimum cash outlay.

I'm so lazy, I've kept the stock setup and I'm happy with the visibility provided by the stock signal placement and the wet weather protection of that hideous fender.

Plenty of folks here have ditched the rear reflectors and stock turn indicators along with any parts that may have kept the mud and wet grime off their
backs. There are vendors selling rear brake lens housing upgrades with integrated turn signals and haven't let the fact that they might be illegal stop them
from profiting with their products.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Now the stock signals look worse than they did stock...and they are too close to each other, which is illegal. There are no rear reflectors which is also illegal....and no license plate light, which is also illegal. Not to mention when you ride in the rain...the spray off the rear tire is going to soak your back. Cheap ...yes.....but not attractive or effective in my opinion.
There are good tail tidy's on E-Bay for $45.00.
Just ordered the R&G Tail Tidy from Revzilla. :)

This post made me finally look up the laws in my state: State-by-state motorcycle laws Says nothing about reflectors.

What the hell are muffler "cut-outs"?? Muffler Required, cut-outs prohibited.

And there IS a noise limit. I know if checked a lot of Harley's on the road would fail these last two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I checked and in my state the reflectors are not needed but I did purchase some led low profile turn signals that look % 100 better than the stock ones. As far as that kit on ebay I know I'm cheap but I can't see spending $120 to end up using my big ugly turn signals. Picked up some from cyclegear for $25 so now I'm $30 into the project. Pictures coming soon 1417980138535.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered the R&G Tail Tidy from Revzilla. :)

This post made me finally look up the laws in my state: State-by-state motorcycle laws Says nothing about reflectors.

What the hell are muffler "cut-outs"?? Muffler Required, cut-outs prohibited.

And there IS a noise limit. I know if checked a lot of Harley's on the road would fail these last two.
Cutouts are common on cars it's when you bypass the muffler by cutting a hole in exhaust prior to muffler that are usually electronically controlled to open and close through a valve.

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update i scraped the factory bracket and got a powerstands fender eliminator for $15 from power sports superstore. It looks alot better. Also i tried out the LED turn signals and they were not bright enough during daylight hours. Also ordered a carbon fiber tank cover, and LED light kit from Ebay installed on a switch near the front of the tank. PhotoGrid_1420344007049[1].jpg PhotoGrid_1420344098972[1].jpg PhotoGrid_1420344135944[1].jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts