Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so tired of Marquez and Repsol Honda winning every race. That 21 year old kid is unbeatable. I think If he's going to win every race they should have to paint his bike Yamaha blue so I can at least stand to watch the whole race. I would never wish a high side one anyone but I think that's the only way anyone but Marquez is going to win a motogp race.
lross78550

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
NOTE TO ANYONE POSTING ABOUT RACES............

If you are going to post a thread about a race, and it is going to have ANY information about the outcome of the race....put the word...SPOILER IN THE THREAD TITLE.

Lots of folks, including myself with DVR a race and watch it later, not knowing the outcome of the race!

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I am so tired of Marquez and Repsol Honda winning every race. That 21 year old kid is unbeatable. I think If he's going to win every race they should have to paint his bike Yamaha blue so I can at least stand to watch the whole race. I would never wish a high side one anyone but I think that's the only way anyone but Marquez is going to win a motogp race.
lross78550
Its called being dominate. Not to mention he is really fun to watch.

My advice... get over it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Problem is he was so far infront you hardly get to see him. He's brilliant to watch no one can touch him at the minute

Go Marquez go

·
Registered
206 Posts
second the spoiler comment. but motogp.com doesn't do a very good job of keeping things a secret. motogp.com · Perfect Marquez delights Jerez crowd with victory

SPOILER!!! Rossi did well.

Let's face it, Marquez has talent, and to tell you the truth, it seems he's having fun out there. We need more guys like him. Rossi seems to be having fun, not so much Pedrosa, and Lorenzo, very business like about the whole thing.

But I do want Rossi to have a good year. so far he's off to a decent start.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So it was a spoiler. Why dude? Why? This was to be the highlight of my ONE, countem ONE day off this week. I need a vacation bad and Im quite fatigued and grouchy already and then this.

Back on this miserable topic though. I like Marky Mark and we are watching greatness and possibly the beginning of true legend. But even so only 4 bikes have a chance to win so maybe we can bellyache about that instead.

Oh and please dont spoil the other 2 races!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
second the spoiler comment. but motogp.com doesn't do a very good job of keeping things a secret. motogp.com · Perfect Marquez delights Jerez crowd with victory

SPOILER!!! Rossi did well.

Let's face it, Marquez has talent, and to tell you the truth, it seems he's having fun out there. We need more guys like him. Rossi seems to be having fun, not so much Pedrosa, and Lorenzo, very business like about the whole thing.

But I do want Rossi to have a good year. so far he's off to a decent start.
You're right, motogp.com doesn't hide a thing about the races........but I DON'T expect to come onto a regular motorcycle forum and find out the results before I watch a race.........SPOILER Alert must be placed in the title of the thread or the ban hammer is coming out.....it's that simple. It's just like some of the other forums that I'm on....if you do it, you get a warning, if it happens again..............Pow!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I love watching the dude. I am a Honda hater though. Being a longtime Suzuki guy though, I hope they can be somewhat competitive when they return next year. But Repsol is SO hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I got up 4 hours early so I could watch it live... the Moto2 and Moto3 are on later tonight, so I don't want to hear a peep about those yet!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Sorry about not editing the thread title at the time........was in the process of running out the door to go riding in the mountains today and my riding buddy had just showed up at the house!

Reactions: DreamFZ

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I can appreciate MM for his talent and no fear riding/winning attitude. J.L. is my favorite rider at the present time, so it's a bit disappointing to see him having a somewhat mediocre start to the season, but I will say, it's an absolutely riveting time watching the races this year. Lot's more action it seems than in previous years. Go Hoorhey!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Rossi's old Moto GP team boss once said ..."At the Moto GP top level racing",....it's 90% rider, and 10% bike" that wins.

Therefore since it's mostly the rider skills that win races.....fans should be supporting the RIDER not the bike. Sure that last 10% needs to be the best on that particular race day...but without the skills to ride it.......you can"t win.

Hoping that a particular "brand" of motorcycle will win at a Moto GP race is pretty silly, and shows how little a person knows about racing.

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
209 Posts
Whorehey lorentho was supposed to at least make things interesting at the front this year. Looks like its up to the old man but he's gotta shave off some seconds somehow. They all do.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Marquez is in a league of his own, If you watch the race and ignore that he's way up front its like watching Rossi back in the good ole days during his first run with Yamaha battling with the field. It seems like every 10 years or so, someone comes along a raises the bar like Marquez has. Rossi did the same when he entered MotoGP, but the difference is that Rossi put on a show rather than disappear at the front each race. We all better get used watching 2nd place battles because its gonna be a while before we see someone give Marquez a real challenge.

Its not the bike, it is the rider that's fast. In time Marquez will slow like most racers do, but thats a long time from now.

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The kid is amazing to watch, his bike control is unbelievable. Do I wish it was a Yamaha out front dominating every race? Of course, but the M1 hasn't been as competitive as the RC-V for the last couple of seasons, and I think sacking Jeremy Burgess was a pretty huge mistake. I'm a big Rossi fan, but he's lost his dominance to the much younger Marquez-the kid is fearless, kind of the way Valle used to ride. Plus, the bikes and tires are so much different now compared to the days when Rossi was scoring podiums and championships every season. Love to watch Marquez, I've never seen anyone get the bike so horizontal thru turns-really pretty astounding.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts