Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i decided to do a throttle body sync and i found out that the body was dirty. when i did the sync i noticed that i was able to sync the bodies to 27cmHg but the last time i synced about a year ago when it was fairly new around 2000 miles, it was synced around 25 cmHg. my question is what cost the jump from 25 to 27 cmHg? maybe because of the dirt? another thing that concerns me is the dirt. should i clean the bodies immediately or in the future like a year from now. and another thing when i looked at oem manual on how to remove the throttle body. it says that i would need to reset fault codes or reset idle setting. is that really necessary because i do not have any yamaha software tools and i don't want to buy any resetting software tools. could i skip this step? anyone have experience cleaning or removing the throttle bodies?

all bodies have this dirt residue. as you can see i tried touching it with my finger. i think the spring filter p08 i have installed back in 2000 miles cause to much air flow with dirt. my bike currently has 9000 miles on it now.

is this step necessary?

·
Registered
257 Posts
so i decided to do a throttle body sync and i found out that the body was dirty. when i did the sync i noticed that i was able to sync the bodies to 27cmHg but the last time i synced about a year ago when it was fairly new around 2000 miles, it was synced around 25 cmHg. my question is what cost the jump from 25 to 27 cmHg? maybe because of the dirt? another thing that concerns me is the dirt. should i clean the bodies immediately or in the future like a year from now. and another thing when i looked at oem manual on how to remove the throttle body. it says that i would need to reset fault codes or reset idle setting. is that really necessary because i do not have any yamaha software tools and i don't want to buy any resetting software tools. could i skip this step? anyone have experience cleaning or removing the throttle bodies?

View attachment 162636
all bodies have this dirt residue. as you can see i tried touching it with my finger. i think the spring filter p08 i have installed back in 2000 miles cause to much air flow with dirt. my bike currently has 9000 miles on it now.

View attachment 162635
is this step necessary?
is there oil in the air box?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there oil in the air box?
i did notice a little bit of oil in the airbox back when i did the first sync early 2020 at 2100 miles and there were even less oil this time doing the sync but there seems to be dirt this time at 9050 miles as you can see. when i touch the residue it felt like oil/dirt mix. i do have the sprint p08 filter along with the air box mod to let it more air (where you cut a whole in the front plastic trim in front of the tank and cutting the intake snorkel shorter inside the air box)

when i decided not to clean the throttle body and did the sync anyway i took it for a test drive. the bike did feel more twitchy, i can feel the ON/OFF twitchiness between zero throttle idle and applying a small amount of throttle. i did have to adjust the master (painted white) cylinder screw a quarter turn looser from full tight which was the factory setting in order to sync the bodies evenly at 26 cmHg because the the lowest valued cylinder was the middle cylinder when all cylinder screws was adjusted full tight. the master was reading higher than the rest

the master is the far right, the higher value

i did not like the test ride i did yestruday so i'm thinking of trying again to sync the bike to where the master is back to full tight which is the factory setting and hopefully syncing as close as possible. i am also thinking of removing the whole throttle body and cleaning it out. also there might be dirt stuck in the wholes shown (marked "a") in the manual screen shot picture i have there. but i'll do it once i have a little bit more info and advice. like i said the main think i'm concerned about when i do remove the throttle body is resetting the ISC with a software code tool i do not have.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am going to try to remove the throttle body and clean it out. hopefully i would not have to use any software resetting codes. wish me luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts