Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't like the under the triple tree mount idea for the generic steering damper so I bought the Dimotiv DMV Steering Damper Mounting Kit from Amazon. I've got to say I really, really, really like this mount!

Update: For the install you'll need at T50 torx socket that has the tamper proof hole and a breaker bar. The torx is used to remove & reinstall the top frame bolt nearest the steer tube & airbox. The mount does not come with instructions however they are in the photos on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T8ROA9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Auto part Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories

Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Headlamp

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll take some photos in the sunlight soon.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Looks like you bought the last one. :(

Text Font Line Document Paper product

Reactions: Robert S.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Its sold out on Amazon. Curious how much it was if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That's a nice clean looking damper setup. Nice find.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you look at the price of a nice setup like ohlins, the mount price is included which gets you up in the 4-500 range. With this at least, you can try to find a deal on a nice damper or just pick up one of the cheap ones.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
$220 is not bad - i don't really get the instructions based on the picture on amazon and where the hell it hooks up. you would think these companies would be at least marginally helpful in showing us how to install the damn thing (or maybe i'm just a mechanical idiot). If there are instructions for putting together Ikea furniture - why not this?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm out of town until Sunday afternoon. I'll take some more photos in the sunlight then which will clear up the mounting.

The mount uses the front airbox mounting bolt hole and the frame bolt nearest the steel/head tube.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doesn't the GRP damper requir you to raise the bars alittle? Which is no good if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Doesn't the GRP damper requir you to raise the bars alittle? Which is no good if you ask me.
it does - the other dampener i saw attaches to the gas tank which some people weren't crazy about - this one seems great from a mounting perspective and price point. Maybe not as good for track guys but for your average weekend warrior hopefully it helps. I'm really interested in it.

Thanks for posting and for putting up the additional pics - great find.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine came in yesterday direct from the company 6 days after ordering. It's titanium colored and for the Ohlins damper. It looks great and is going on tonight.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Well I looked at this set up a few months back someone had found it and posted the link ... I get what I like for my bike but for the price on just a mount kit I could not think that it being better than the HOME Grown version that takes a little thought and some tools and mount it to the underside of the triple clamp... as for not clean looking ...Have no idea what you are talking about....for 85 bucks you can have this set up or just pay more... as for the damper it self I have a Matris unit on my FZ1 and can not tell the difference between the ebay one or the Matris one.... I will admit it does look good and better than the tank mounted one ...

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^ But with your setup you cannot use an under the triple trees front stand without removing the damper.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts