Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been eyeing this seat for a while, but was put off due to the international shipping charges.
A mate of mine will be in the US in a couple of weeks, so I figure it's my chance to buy the DIY kit and have him carry it back for me in his suitcase.

But before he agrees, he'd like to know the dimensions and weight of the kit, in order to make sure that he has enough space and weight allowance.

Assuming we remove all the packaging material, leaving only the foam + cover, how much does it weigh?
Is it possible (and advisable) to fold the foam in half, or roll it up, without causing any damage to it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just the foam and the cover cannot weigh more than 2 pounds at the absolute most. I don't remember exactly what the box said when mine arrived but I swear the box weighed more than the contents. I wouldn't fold it because I would tend to think the foam could tear under pressure at the fold.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. For those wondering why the shipping costs are high for international it is because of the following. When shipping USPS basic which is the cheapest seats get lost or take forever to get there at times. When it gets there like it should all is happy. When it does not things go bad. Once a claim goes in they have a 28 day investigation time. No one wants to wait another 28 days for a answer. so we started using express which has a better tracking procedure and track record. Plus you get it sooner. UPS is in the hundreds to ship international so that is out of most peoples budget. Hope this helps shed some light on this.
Robert

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the late reply. For those wondering why the shipping costs are high for international it is because of the following. When shipping USPS basic which is the cheapest seats get lost or take forever to get there at times. When it gets there like it should all is happy. When it does not things go bad. Once a claim goes in they have a 28 day investigation time. No one wants to wait another 28 days for a answer. so we started using express which has a better tracking procedure and track record. Plus you get it sooner. UPS is in the hundreds to ship international so that is out of most peoples budget. Hope this helps shed some light on this.
Robert
Thanks for the response. Better late than never...

By now my mate has already carried it across in his suit case, and I've had it installed for over a month. Lol

I'm quite happy with the product. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Don't worry about it too much. I'm an Aussie, and know that posting from the U.S. costs a bomb; suppliers don't set the postal rates, freight companies do.
That's why I waited until my father in law was coming out from Texas so he could bring a car 929 shock with him in his suitcase so I wouldn't pay $60 to ship a $40 ebay shock.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Many of us up here in Canada have learned to avoid buying anything in the US if they only ship via UPS. UPS has the highest shipping rates, most outrages brokerage and crazy duty charges of anyone out there. All the other shipping/courier companies are not much better. The best price for shipping across the border is USPS Express. They may not be the fastest on the planet, but you won't have your wallet stolen just to get your order through customs.

Reactions: FreckyB
1 - 6 of 6 Posts