Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running bars with less upsweep? I love this bike but the wind SUCKS. I got a 25cm windscreen from ermax and it didn't help as much as it thought it would. I rode my friends r1 for a few hours today and damn that thing is such a completely different bike. Zero wind obviously. If I tuck on my bike I get no wind but my elbows are all ****ed up because of how high the bars sit

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm using Buell clubman bars. Not nearly as low as low as racing clipons, leans you nicely into the wind for the street and you can tuck.

Sorry I don't have pics of the bike all together with them, but this side view shows the grip position relative to the forks.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The Buell clubmans clear the tank ok, they come with reference marks to line up with the split of the bar clamps, I went with those.

The biggest problem is the bend of the clutch cable elbow as it leaves the perch, it needs to be a lot tighter. I'm also re doing the whole area above the headlight and that made the cable situation worse. I've just sent an email to Motion Pro about having them modify the cables, their site says it takes them a couple days to answer.

But 09 riders that aren't changing the area as much as I am have been getting by with the stock cable, they bend the elbow a bit tighter etc.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am actually looking for a taller bar.
I was thinking the ProTaper ATV HighBEnd (121mm rise) bar would be awesome but I don't know if the cables will reach.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This thread has info and photos of the clubmans, the photos aren't displaying for me today, but that might be a browser issue of mine.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/10-fz-09-...ject-bike-gonna-long-thread-13.html#post33028

Edit: Restarted my browser, can see photos again lol. Thanks for the photos jcfz6r1, what did you do about your clutch cable elbow?
I honestly didn't do a thing with the clutch cable besides hand "massage" the tubing slightly to bend it a tiny bit more. I did have to modify the wind screen to allow the cable to sit with no interference, and I've wrapped the cable with some tygon hose and tape to keep the screen from rubbing the cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts