Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow morning I am headed to the Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon area with the 09. I have been going to the area for over a dozen years now. While I look forward to the time away on two wheels with some great friends I am a little trepidatious about the suspension. I have it set as good as I can get it, knowing that and how I know the roads I am looking forward to see how it does. The even better news is that my Matris shock from PJ's parts will be in this week. Therefore sadly I will be going back to the same area the first of October with the Matris shock equipped FZ. I will do full reports when I get back. I will also try and shoot some video with the GoPro in stock and aftermarket suspended modes.
Cheers,
JCIII

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
PJ is Mike Pijanka and he lives about 20 miles from the Gap in Marysville. Go next week and you can pick up the new shock in person.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CD599, I've bought parts from them for many years. Good folks.
JCIII

Reactions: CD599

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Yea, PJ and Paige live about 7 or 8 miles from me since they moved from KY to TN.

Reactions: CD599

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nothing to worry about with the stock suspension. I was there riding two-up and stock suspension was capable enough to make for a great time on the roads.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Just watch for stuff on the roads in the fall. Today I had the back kick out several times from smashed mock oranges, very typical of Tennessee.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Just watch for stuff on the roads in the fall. Today I had the back kick out several times from smashed mock oranges, very typical of Tennessee.
"Mock" oranges?

Are those the high speed variety...you know like Mach 1 jet powered oranges?

Could that bee why the blazing orange FZ is soo dad gum fast?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts