Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a thread about this on another forum but figured I would share what I did on here as well. I installed the Denali micro LED driving lights due to my commute to work early in the morning on dark back roads. Anyway here's the pictures.

Stock Low Beam

Low Beam and Denali

High Beam and Denali

Denali Only

And yes I am in a graveyard, I figured it would give good markers to compare output haha.
The pictures really do not do the output justice due to the camera autoadjusting but the denali lights only photo should give you an idea. I run these 24/7 night and day they add quite a bit of visability

·
Registered
112 Posts
Those things look awesome!! Unfortunately I am a light whore when it comes to my truck. Have too many off road lights to count because I love light! Haha now the ideas are flowing in for the bike... Crap.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
David, they do Exactly what you'd hope they'd do. How did you wire & mount them...???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welldone!

Price, where to buy and how hard to install pls?

I have a thread about this on another forum but figured I would share what I did on here as well. I installed the Denali micro LED driving lights due to my commute to work early in the morning on dark back roads. Anyway here's the pictures.

Stock Low Beam

Low Beam and Denali

High Beam and Denali

Denali Only

And yes I am in a graveyard, I figured it would give good markers to compare output haha.
The pictures really do not do the output justice due to the camera autoadjusting but the denali lights only photo should give you an idea. I run these 24/7 night and day they add quite a bit of visability

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased these from Revzilla for something like 230 bucks. That included a wiring harness that made it extremely simple to install just attach the positive and negative and mount the swith. They come with a mounting bracket and all i had to do was drill a hole in the plastic scoop. I probably spent 2 hours on the install and a good portion of that was time spent removing the tank

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow.

I don't care much for the looks... but good lord is that some awesome light output.
If it were up to me I wouldnt have the lights on there at all, but I absolutely had to have some for my commute especially for deer. So this was my best option, other that doing an HID retrofit.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
damn those are bright - not crazy about the look either but completely understand your need for them. Looks like it was a great purchase.

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
If it were up to me I wouldnt have the lights on there at all, but I absolutely had to have some for my commute especially for deer. So this was my best option, other that doing an HID retrofit.
Don't get me wrong... I'd love to have that kind of output... if I could do it stealthily (like in the fake scoops or something).
But I'll just wait for my AHR headlight.

And I hear you in regards to the oversized rats some call "deer".

·
Registered
54 Posts
I plan on doing the same on my bike. For commuting, it is perfect especially if you are splitting lanes. Drivers tend to see you more due to the three lights instead of one. Had the other Denalis on my Shiver and it was very nice to notice more cars opening up the lanes than when I was commuting on my R6 with stock headlight.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glad to see the prices on these are coming down but they still give me a little sticker shock at well north of $200.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't get me wrong... I'd love to have that kind of output... if I could do it stealthily (like in the fake scoops or something).
But I'll just wait for my AHR headlight.

And I hear you in regards to the oversized rats some call "deer".
Now you have me curious! I might look into trying to conceal them a little more, they would just about fit inside of the scoop with some custom mounting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The 10. I havent tried the 40
Do you think that the 40 degree lenses would really dim the lights. In other words are these light best suited for the 10 degree lenses. I'm not looking for distance. Im looking to brighten the road all around the front of the bike for commuting in some back roads in heavily wooded areas here in Pennsylvania where the deer are already on the move.

Are you still happy with these lights or would you recommend something brighter now that you've used them?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts