Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
For the folks who already got their SPs delivered, are the bikes 50 state eligible (i.e. meet California emmission norms)?
Asking because I have a deposite down for the SP in NJ but I will moving to California in a month or two, so want to make sure that I can actually register it in Cali. If not, I will have to cancel the deposite and wait for a few months in Cali.
Mine was purchased from a CA dealer and does have the evap canister.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,680 Posts
For the folks who already got their SPs delivered, are the bikes 50 state eligible (i.e. meet California emmission norms)?
Asking because I have a deposite down for the SP in NJ but I will moving to California in a month or two, so want to make sure that I can actually register it in Cali. If not, I will have to cancel the deposite and wait for a few months in Cali.
As long as you register it in NJ first, when you move to CA you can transfer it.

Now, if you move before it comes in, and then it arrives, I’m not sure what you would do. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not 100%, but the dealer sales person whom I spoke with months ago had commented at that time that it takes a bit longer to take delivery of CA models, as he put it. My "guess" is that there is a difference. Others who already have non-CA models, compare your emissions decal to mine, which I think is on the underside of the rear fender if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As long as you register it in NJ first, when you move to CA you can transfer it.

Now, if you move before it comes in, and then it arrives, I’m not sure what you would do. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This is helpful. I will call up Cali DMV and confirm it.

I am really not sure what I want to do. It's definitely going to be a few months before the SP's show up again in Cali but between that and the extra price that I am paying to the dealer in ADM plus the shipping and re-registration costs, it might be worthwhile to wait a few more months.

Thank you for the other insights everyone (y)

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
12 Posts
I'm not 100%, but the dealer sales person whom I spoke with months ago had commented at that time that it takes a bit longer to take delivery of CA models, as he put it. My "guess" is that there is a difference. Others who already have non-CA models, compare your emissions decal to mine, which I think is on the underside of the rear fender if I recall correctly.
Here's my emissions sticker. I'm in NV.

Reactions: G23

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Just a little info that may or may not be useful; got my vin today, last three numbers are 338. A full 30 numbers lower than an SP that arrived in Houston two weeks ago. Kind of strange but might not mean anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've placed a deposit on an SP last month and am now being told that it may ship in August. Anyone have an idea on the Yamaha situation?
Just spoke to representative a week ago. They told me because of covid their plants are having issues producing bikes. "Nothing" they can do about it either. Told me my MT07 should be arriving by September :(

41 - 49 of 49 Posts