Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I personally wouldn't use anything stronger than simple green. Even that can do bad stuff with certain types of metal.

Reactions: 1duckyboy

·
Registered
610 Posts
Endust furn. Polish will remove chain lube and leave em sparkling.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
dawn dish soap... or just clean your bike often enough so you don't need it.

Reactions: Dalex

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wd-40 on a rag works pretty good too for heavy chain crap.

I clean my rear wheel every 2 rides so there's not much to remove, I use an old spray bottle of armor all armor plate, kind of cleaning wax.
Sometimes even a dry cotton rag is enough.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've used the SuperClean to clean a set of rims a few years ago. It didn't agree with the factory black paint on my Excel rims. Fortunately some Turtle Wax rubbing compound and a lot of elbow grease returned the rims to their original glory.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Sounds like you need a cleaner chain lube. I like Bel Ray, but a couple others are also supposed to be very clean. DuPont makes one that's relatively cheap at Walmart.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube to cut down on any mess to begin with, and WD-40 to clean it up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've used Low Odor Mineral Spirits and a rag, it removes any and all lube, dirt, road tar, etc. No harm to the wheel finish. Afterward, I might hit them with something like Honda Polish.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Wash bike then WD on a cloth & wipe it off, been using it for years, I ride 12 months of the year & wash my bikes every week with no problems.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Pledge works better than anything else that I have tried for over 30 years.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts