Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went yesterday (Nov. 1st) and we had some high winds and rain on Thursday evening and the road was not in very good shape.....lots of pine needles on the road, lots of wet spots. It was still a fun ride and I got my buddy Dave (US129 Photos on the Dragon Photos - Deals Gap Photos - Tail of the Dragon Photos) to get some pics of me riding. Pardon my lines and body position in the pics, as I was concentrating on not only trying to find some dry lines, but lines without the pine needles in the middle of it.......

This one kind of shows some of the fall colors up there.......it's beautiful this time of year....

Going towards the store and riding in the middle of the lane.......WTF!

A couple of right-handers......one a coming and one a going..........

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey those are great shots! I love the colors in the trees. We may have summer all year here but I miss the fall colors for sure! Whats the little pack on the back of the seat?

daniel

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got less than 1/4" of unused tire on the rear and the peg feelers are about to touch down. I guess I'm going to have to take the little feeler thingy off the bottom of the peg. I'm really liking those Q3s a lot.

·
Registered
611 Posts
This may be a silly question, but not required to have plates or temp tag on back?

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey those are great shots! I love the colors in the trees. We may have summer all year here but I miss the fall colors for sure! Whats the little pack on the back of the seat?

daniel
It's just a small tank bag that I mounted on the rear of the bike..........a tank bag turned tail bag.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This may be a silly question, but not required to have plates or temp tag on back?
In TN, the temp "plate" is a piece of paper, not even cardboard......just paper. I don't know how to display it, so it's folded up and in the tail bag, along with my bill of sale, and my insurance card. I'm really surprised that I haven't been pulled over, but I haven't so far.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They definitely need to figure something out, although it really hasn't affected me.......yet! I tolled right past two Blount County Sheriff's Deputy's cars on the way off the hill and they just waved as I went by.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Good form Vern. :icon_thumright:

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful shots Vern. And a bit mean to those of us still 09-less. ;)
Sorry Bob........I'll go back and "un-ride" it.......and then delete the pics! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good form Vern. :icon_thumright:
Thanks man. I get kind of sloppy sometimes on getting my upper body down far enough. This bike makes it a little harder to get the upper body down, as the height of the handlebars vs. clipons on a sportbike....plus, I've got about 10 to 15 lbs extra that all seems to congregate at my belly. This ride was pretty intense, since the line through there was always changing because of the leaves in the road, the pine needles, and the wet spots that just hadn't dried up yet. I've ridden that road enough that I know it pretty well, but that day was a whole different road because of the changing conditions.

·
Registered
611 Posts
In TN, the temp "plate" is a piece of paper, not even cardboard......just paper. I don't know how to display it, so it's folded up and in the tail bag, along with my bill of sale, and my insurance card. I'm really surprised that I haven't been pulled over, but I haven't so far.
Lol, I'm gonna try that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
300 Posts
Beautiful pics, awesome road, so jealous right now. Wish you had some video of the ride as well. Your black/red leathers look great with the bike, now I see why you picked the red FZ.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've got less than 1/4" of unused tire on the rear and the peg feelers are about to touch down. I guess I'm going to have to take the little feeler thingy off the bottom of the peg. I'm really liking those Q3s a lot.
I've got no chicken strip in the rear, haven't touched a feeler down yet. I still have about 10mm chicken strip on the front, I don't think it's getting weighted enough in the corners. Or maybe it's the profile of the stock Dunlops?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts