Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It got up to the mid 50's today so I took one of my bikes to the dealer for a fork seal replacement (I'm too old and tired to do that work myself anymore). While I was there, I checked on a helmet I ordered before xmas. It was supposed to have a delivery of 4-5 days. After being in frequent contact with Parts, I decided a little face-to-face was warranted. They called the mfr while I was there and were surprised to discover that helmet was no longer in production. All this time they told the dealer it was on backorder. Too bad someone in the know couldn't have called. Disappointing.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Disappointing Yes.

Surprising NO.

They apparently Never made the call and w/o the eyeball to eyeball never would have called. Your Stealership is no better or worse than mine or most.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
What helmet, model and size was it, maybe one of us to help you find it online somewhere????

And yes Revzilla looks like a great place to look.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Revzilla is Great to deal with and their customer service & product info is second to None.:D

Get on their Email Distribution List ASAP for Great Deals & Reviews.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Just try the helmet you like on at a store, then order the right size online. I know, I do like to support my local shops, but when the price is a huge difference, well that makes an online buy worth it.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Just try the helmet you like on at a store, then order the right size online. I know, I do like to support my local shops, but when the price is a huge difference, well that makes an online buy worth it.

And you avoid tax and often shipping charges too.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What helmet, model and size was it, maybe one of us to help you find it online somewhere????

And yes Revzilla looks like a great place to look.
It was a Schuberth. Thanks for the offer but I if I decide to order it online, I can do it. I'll give them a few days first. What's disappointing is when you buy something that is $2 short of $900, you expect some expediting.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Revzilla is Great to deal with and their customer service & product info is second to None.:D

Get on their Email Distribution List ASAP for Great Deals & Reviews.
Agreed. Just bought some new gloves from them, had to return because they didn't fit with my jacket sleeves. Returned them and got a different pair. Went smoothly and quickly. They have my business from now on.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
It was a Schuberth. Thanks for the offer but I if I decide to order it online, I can do it. I'll give them a few days first. What's disappointing is when you buy something that is $2 short of $900, you expect some expediting.
Sad, but You were the Only One in that building that cared about that helmet coming in from their distributor. At best, they all just go through the motions..... :(

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think in this case you may be blaming the wrong people if I am reading this right. Schuberth helmets are made in Germany so I doubt very much that the dealership had someone on staff that spoke German and that they called the manufacture. As far as I know all the products that dealerships sell, with very few exceptions, are purchased through distributors. The dealership probably did call the distributor and was told it was back ordered and in fact it may have been and the distributor had not been informed yet that it was no longer in production. If I read the post correctly the dealership informed you of that status so I would put the blame on the distributor rather than the dealership.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Revzilla is a favorite esp as it is in Philly and my normal shipping orders arrive in 2 days in NYC! :D

However, I have found some amazing deals on Motorcycle Superstore as well (with just as good customer service)- $400 Rev'It jacket for $150, $180 Scorpion helmet for $59.

Return with either is easy too in case it doesn't fit right and sending back costs only $7, flat rate. I usually know my size in products by now so the best price wins for me. Having not many shops that stock a variety of brands is tough but these online stores make life easy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think in this case you may be blaming the wrong people if I am reading this right. Schuberth helmets are made in Germany so I doubt very much that the dealership had someone on staff that spoke German and that they called the manufacture. As far as I know all the products that dealerships sell, with very few exceptions, are purchased through distributors. The dealership probably did call the distributor and was told it was back ordered and in fact it may have been and the distributor had not been informed yet that it was no longer in production. If I read the post correctly the dealership informed you of that status so I would put the blame on the distributor rather than the dealership.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wife drove to the dealer this PM to buy a new TT110R and I went with her. While I was there, I checked with them to make sure they reordered the helmet, this time with a color scheme the distributor says they have in stock (no ordering from Schuberth). The new projected date is Wednesday or Thursday. The new color (black) will save me about $130. BTW, with my wife's purchase of the bike, the dealer gave us a gourmet chocolate cake. That makes 3 now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts