Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't usually post, but I needed to vent this one. Dealer left a message for me while I was working saying the bike was here and he was ready for me, called him back the moment I got off work only to hear he called me before he even looked at it, and it wasn't the right color. :( Back to waiting I go.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Which color are you suppose to be getting?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I don't usually post, but I needed to vent this one. Dealer left a message for me while I was working saying the bike was here and he was ready for me, called him back the moment I got off work only to hear he called me before he even looked at it, and it wasn't the right color. :( Back to waiting I go.
He only got one in ? what gives.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, he only got the 1 in on this shipment, though, he did say it would "Probably only take a few more days." I'd take that with a grain of salt though. The black one is still nice, but red is my all time favorite color, I can wait a bit longer to get it how I want it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nickv09's is also Graphite. Perhaps their first production run is all Graphite?
It really is looking like the first shipment is graphite. I'm assuming red will show up in the next 1-2 weeks and then Orange shortly after. Dealerships should have a good range in stock by December.

Then again Motomania on ***************** has a red one. So maybe its just a scattered amount shipped everywhere while Yamaha tries to fulfill the orders.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Las Vegas, Nevada Ride Now Power Sports
Sounds about right. Ride Now "forgetting" that you wanted the other color.

I am sure that Nickv09 is not going to like this, but the customer service is not exactly top notch at the Ride Now stores. They are a BIG company, and in my very limited experience, the service has suffered a little.

I have walked in to 3 Ride Now stores in PHX, and the sales staff seemed too busy to help, or even talk to me. I had to get the attention of a cashier, who was texting with her head down looking bored as all get out to check a price for me. She let out a heavy sigh, and looked the part up for me... I will give Ride Now the benefit of the doubt, as I have been in the restaurant business for over 10 years, and you can't be on everybody all the time. A friend of mine took a wheel in to one of the Harley dealerships in the valley to get a tire mounted, and was charged like $30 for "Shop Supplies."

·
Registered
272 Posts
My dealer said the graphite ones will be here about a week before the red, my red one should be here first week of Oct. :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Roseville Yamaha in California has a red one. I know cause I sat on it yesterday. :D

Reactions: fz_tropicman

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer just called me and said they will take their shipment before the weekend so either tomorrow or friday. They told me it was the graphite too which is what i was looking for. Hopefully i will be a proud owner this weekend. Can't wait.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts