Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys just got my new windscreen in the mail, ordered it from depretto moto in Italy. I paid 250$ shipped to New York (steep price I know, due to tax/shipping/value of the euro vs dollar) and I received it within 4 business days which was way faster than I ever expected.

Initial impressions, it looks very good, build quality is excellent and I found no defects in the craftsmanship. Only thing I don't like but not a big deal to me is the logo size. I personally feel like it breaks up the large area of the windscreen nicely. The windscreen was packaged nicely being wrapped by bubble wrap, then placed in more bubble wrap and then put in a box with packing peanuts.

Install was super easy and took 5 minutes, just remove the 4 fairing bolts for the signal stalks and put the windscreen in place and tighten. I think the windscreen compliments the fz-09's angles very well and also there is plenty of room to get your hand behind it to grab your key. (I'm able to make a fist with my hand right above the key)

I will try to go for a ride today but I don't think I'll be able to but I should be riding to work tomorrow so I will post my impressions for functionality as soon as I can.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Also I'm sorry for the sideways pictures, don't know know why it did that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I know, that's the only thing that turns me away from it but it is realllyyyy nice on the bike lol. And plus the rizoma screen is 150 and its small and ugly. (To me personally lol)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,441 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Those look a helluva a lot better than all the other screens I've come across and still keep the naked streetfighter feel. My biggest question is would using one of those prevent the "neckbreaking" wind I experienced without a screen at 80+ mph?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey guys forgot to update, I went riding yesterday and Fazeniner, to answer your question, yes it gets rid of the neck breaking wind at 80 because that was always my biggest problem.And if it doesn't get rid of it it greatly reduces it. Ive never had a windshield on a bike before so I've never really felt the wind going around you but you can pretty much feel the air flowing like a tunnel around you (almost as if it helps center your head if that makes sense?) Also I went on a high speed run (on a closed course obviously lol) and I was able to tuck down and my helmet was no longer touching my face shield lol. Only thing was I heard a lot of wind noise going over my helmet I guess since the entire helmet is no longer in the wind it makes it more noticeable? But anyway I can definitely say this windscreen helps and in this case, function does indeed follow form!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts