Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been a fan of the blue/purple wheels since the first pics I saw a few months ago. I just assumed I would get them coated in black once I got the bike. Well, now that I have the bike I'm not so sure black is the best choice. It seems like it might dull the overall appearance. Silverish (nickel or pewter) would be my next choice...maybe. I'm curious to get some thoughts on a couple things.

I am thinking powder coating would be only practical option. I think paint would chip too easily and the blurple would work its way back into my life chip by chip. Any other options?

When considering black, I was thinking plastic dip so I could peel it off and revert to the stock color for resale - hopefully many years down the road. Should I be concerned with going back to the original color? Do people really love the blurple wheels?!?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Me i think the blurple wheels break up the liquid graphite. But if you want to switch the color definitely go with powder coating way more durable and think about this what about match the rims to the gold forks?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, thought about that to match the forks. I think it would look good but might be a little loud for my taste. I think the 09ish Shivers have a similar color combination and look pretty good though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Plastidip will hold up for awhile and is reverse able. Since you are worried that black might dull the bike you can spray a quick coat of plastidip on them and see how it looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts