Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave went out of his way to meet up with me on his trip to North GA, and was able to spare a couple minutes on his drive to flash my ECU and get it tuned. Great guy to work with, very reasonable, and knowledgeable. With all that said I couldn't wait to get home to throw the ECU back in the back and ride it around. All I can say is that the bike feels like it should of been this way from the factory. He really does unleash the beast while allowing you to keep it controlled! The service and quality of work Dave has put into these tunes and settings is outstanding. You can tell he does this as a passion to allow everyone to enjoy the bike the way it should be.

The throttle maps I choose:
A: Quick Turn
------ This really does make the bike want to get up and go! It still smooths out the jerkiness, but this really is more of an aggressive throttle.

Std: Smooth
------ This is butter! you can putt around in 1st and 2nd and ease on and off the throttle without the bike being jerky. I can already tell this is going to make my commutes so much more fun and less hectic. Frees your brain from focusing as much on that touchy throttle control and go with what you feel.

B: Reduced Traction
------ Throw your bike in B mode and you can feel how the bikes requires more throttle for the same response, this is perfect since I do commute and will get caught in some rain/storms.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spent $180, you have to pay $100 more to have the speed limiter and/or quick shift. I got them both, I really am only planning on the quick shift, but why not get the other while it is included.

Dave is not charging you more for this, he is just passing on the $100 license cost to you.

If you want the tune, fuel mappings, throttle changes, and etc it will only cost $80

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Its $100.00 for the license. ..plus $80.00 for the flash...so $180.00

if you dont care about the speed limiter, its only $80.00

·
Registered
654 Posts
best $180 ive spent on my FZ so far and I love my shad hard sidecases so that's saying something

Reactions: vcyclenut
1 - 8 of 8 Posts