Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
You all read about this numb nut?

• Cody Pfister filmed himself licking items at Walmart, authorities say.
A Warrenton man was charged with making a terrorist threat after he filmed himself licking bunch of items at Walmart.

"Who's afraid of the coronavirus?" Cody Pfister, 26, taunts in a video he later posted to social media.

The video spread around the world, and Warrenton police said in a statement the department had been contacted by people in the Netherlands, Ireland and the United Kingdom.

"We take these complaints very seriously and would like to thank all of those who reported the video so the issue could be addressed," police said in the statement.

The video appears to have been filmed on March 11 at the Warrenton store, according to court records. Pfister was taken into custody this week, and Warren County prosecutors charged him today. The charge is a low-level felony.

·
Registered
384 Posts
What a bloody jack ass!...He should be made to do community service... only after doing jail time of course. His family must be so proud of him.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #204

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
On Saturday my girlfriend developed a cough, which she accounted to the apartment being really dry. On Sunday she developed a 101.4 fever and had chills. Today she had a video conference with a Dr, who confirmed a viral infection, though without testing couldn't confirm. At this time NY doesnt feel to test her. Shes now quarantined for 2 weeks, nobody in, nobody out.
No test? You'd be tested instantly here at the moment.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I wonder what impact or precedent this is going to set for future public health policies (in the US specifically). Think of how long its taken to (mostly) ban smoking in public places... if we can shut down the whole country to save <1% of the population then what can/should we be doing about obesity, vaping, and any number of other 'public health' issues that impact far more people than this virus will touch.

In general I'm against 'big' government and the policies it pushes that impact our individual rights and freedoms, however I'm also disappointed in my fellow Americans and their refusal/inability to see the bigger picture and do the right thing on their own without 'big brother' having to force things on us. The 'spring breaker' above is a perfect example of idiots ruining a good thing for everyone esle.
I don't know if drowning in your lungs own overproduced fluid is a basic human right. Most countries make some effort to save you and prevent you passing it on.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
93 Posts
I don't know if drowning in your lungs own overproduced fluid is a basic human right. Most countries make some effort to save you and prevent you passing it on.
Should they also prevent you from exposing others to 2nd hand smoke?
Fried foods are bad too so maybe they should ban deep fryers?
What about preventing you from riding a mc, it's clearly more dangerous than a car.
At what point does the justification of protecting you begin to infringe on your rights?

Food for thought and my last post on this topic....don't want to start a political debate
:cool:

My point is mostly that if people act like responsible adults then the government doesn't have to step in and make those choices for us. If people are idiots, they force policy makers to limit their (our) freedom.

·
Vendor
1,181 Posts
I wonder what impact or precedent this is going to set for future public health policies (in the US specifically). Think of how long its taken to (mostly) ban smoking in public places... if we can shut down the whole country to save <1% of the population then what can/should we be doing about obesity, vaping, and any number of other 'public health' issues that impact far more people than this virus will touch.

In general I'm against 'big' government and the policies it pushes that impact our individual rights and freedoms, however I'm also disappointed in my fellow Americans and their refusal/inability to see the bigger picture and do the right thing on their own without 'big brother' having to force things on us. The 'spring breaker' above is a perfect example of idiots ruining a good thing for everyone esle.
if we don't shut down the country it will be far greater then 1% of the population, we are shutting down the country so it stays <1% of the country

if we don't lock down its not just the virus that we need to be nervous about it is ANYTHING that would bring you to the hospital and require life support.

also if you look at that tracker in the first post and look at any counties dead vs recovered if you get sick enough to get tested the death rate is far higher then 1%

yes it is infuriating that people think this does not apply to them and are just extending the period we will all have to live this seriously restricted life. My mother is 72 with many health conditions. She is literally on lock down. Only goes out to take a walk. She is determined to live. I talk to her every day but she is all ready fighting depression as many of us will be in the coming weeks.

It amazes me that people can not or wont grasp the concept of what we need to do.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #214

First NC Death from COVID-19.

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCT) The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is reporting the first COVID-19 death.

A person from Cabarrus County died on Tuesday, March 24 from complications associated with the virus.

Officials said, the patient was in their late seventies and had several underlying medical conditions.

A second person in their sixties, from Virginia who was traveling through North Carolina, also died from COVID-19 complications.

To protect the families’ privacy, no further information about these patients will be released.

“We extend our deepest sympathies to the families and loved ones. This is a stark warning that for some people COVID-19 is a serious illness. All of us must do our part to stop the spread by staying at home as much as possible and practicing social distancing,” said Governor Roy Cooper.

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services recommends that people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 stay at home to the extent possible to decrease the chance of infection.

Source:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
City of Greensboro to have a "stay at home order" from Mayor Nancy Vaughn

The City of Greensboro is planning to issue a stay at home order at 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 25.

Charlotte issued a stay at home order on Tuesday, March 24. Durham issued one on Wednesday, March 25 and Wake County is expected to follow later in the day.

Those orders have come after health officials have said that they are necessary when “community spread” has been identified, which means someone has tested positive for COVID-19 without visiting a place or person not connected to the virus already.

Greensboro Mayor Nancy Vaughan said, “There is community spread in Greensboro and, in speaking with [Chief Executive Officer] Terry Akin at Moses Cone Hospital and what the trajectory looks like for the health care community, it is a step we felt we had to take.”

She added, “Based on conversations with Terry Akin, his epidemiologist and others, the City Council has decided to do what is in the best interest of the community and the healthcare system,m and I believe that Guilford County is looking at those numbers as is the city of High Point.”

Vaughan said, “Things are moving fast and there is no playbook for this.” She said that the healthcare professionals had made a very convincing argument that it was time to issue a stay-at-home order.

The specifics of that order are being worked out, but in other communities in the state the residents have been ordered to stay at home except to go to the grocery store, pharmacy, doctors appointments and other essential activities.

Non-essential businesses in other communities have been closed and the ones that are allowed to stay open are businesses such as grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, media organizations, funeral homes and child care centers.

The details of what the stay at home order in Greensboro will include will be made public at a 4 p.m. press conference.

Source:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
In other idiocy news... pray away disease. Reminds me a little of Pence..

Faith Based University to re-open its doors in the midst of infection.

At a time when countless universities have sent students home, one university is reopening its doors.

More than 1,000 students returned to Liberty University, a private evangelical Christian university, in Lynchburg, Virginia, a spokesperson confirmed to CNN on Tuesday.

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. and other leaders discussed whether to extend spring break and “risk students having a longer time to become exposed to the virus,” the school said in a statement. It decided it was safer to bring the students back to campus.

Source:

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Your national health service really has their shit together. That and your little
Island is the most beautiful place on earth.

When I die, I want to come back as a big ol' Brown Trout living in the Murchison Valley.
OK, until someone like you comes along to spoil your day.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Should they also prevent you from exposing others to 2nd hand smoke?
Fried foods are bad too so maybe they should ban deep fryers?
What about preventing you from riding a mc, it's clearly more dangerous than a car.
At what point does the justification of protecting you begin to infringe on your rights?

Food for thought and my last post on this topic....don't want to start a political debate
:cool:

My point is mostly that if people act like responsible adults then the government doesn't have to step in and make those choices for us. If people are idiots, they force policy makers to limit their (our) freedom.
During the Spanish flu, it was brought to NZ on a ship that wasn't quarantined because an MP on it didn't want to be inconvenienced. Then we took it to Samoa, because they were less important than maintaining NZ business.
This is not about politics, it's about common sense, which isn't that common, so people have to be restricted.
We're seeing stories about self entitled young fools still meeting in groups, if they're that stupid they have to be leashed.
This is not about saving us from ourselves, it's about saving others from us.

201 - 220 of 287 Posts