Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #181

Brady Sluder told CBS News that “whatever happens happens.”

“If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day, I’m not going to let it stop me from partying,” he said. “I’ve been waiting, we’ve been waiting for Miami spring break for a while. About two months we’ve had this trip planned, two, three months, and we’re just out here to having a good time.”

Shelby Cordell, who told the network she just turned 21, also said she wouldn’t let the outbreak stop her from enjoying herself in Florida.

“Yeah, I mean, we planned this trip a long time ago, and it was kind of up in the air if we would still go. But, like, we’re here. I just turned 21 this year, so I’m here to party, so it’s kind of disappointing, but we’re just making the most of it,” she said.

“We met these other people in our little Airbnb spot,” she said before gesturing to others off-camera, “So we’re just hanging out with them and trying to get drunk before everything closes.”

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
125 Posts
As of tomorrow midnight this whole country will be shut down for at least a month. No bars, restaurants, cafes, no takeaways, no nothin'. No sports, this will really send our mental illness stats through the roof.
Only essential services and businesses will be allowed to open, everyone else must isolate themselves. This may well get our obesity figures down and/or create a crisis of starvation. Some people will have to learn to cook.

My peace will be shattered by having my wife home 24/7:oops:
I'll clearly be doing a lot more riding, and I'll be waiting for some young, overly keen cop to stop me and tell me to go home. I'll nicely explain that you can't be more isolated than in full bike gear at 100 km/h.
No coffee stop though.
And the roads will be empty😈
Its "exercise " as it gets your heartrate up. Or a "bike" ride as they are saying we can do here in the states. I'm personally going to use the exercise and "mental health" break excuse for my riding. I now have my wife (why cant I ride too) and 4 of my 5 kids home all the time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #186 (Edited)
Michigan on shelter in place orders at midnight.

This lady is alright in my book... "Read the books you've been meaning to read, call your loved ones, put your holiday lights back up..."

·
Registered
384 Posts
View attachment 158361

Brady Sluder told CBS News that “whatever happens happens.”

“If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day, I’m not going to let it stop me from partying,” he said. “I’ve been waiting, we’ve been waiting for Miami spring break for a while. About two months we’ve had this trip planned, two, three months, and we’re just out here to having a good time.”

Shelby Cordell, who told the network she just turned 21, also said she wouldn’t let the outbreak stop her from enjoying herself in Florida.

“Yeah, I mean, we planned this trip a long time ago, and it was kind of up in the air if we would still go. But, like, we’re here. I just turned 21 this year, so I’m here to party, so it’s kind of disappointing, but we’re just making the most of it,” she said.

“We met these other people in our little Airbnb spot,” she said before gesturing to others off-camera, “So we’re just hanging out with them and trying to get drunk before everything closes.”

When you see things like this you begin to understand why some members of the animal kingdom eat their young! 😁

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
125 Posts

1. Michigan on shelter in place orders at midnight.

This lady is alright in my book... "Read the books you've been meaning to read, call your loved ones, put your holiday lights back up..."
    If we cant act like responsible adults and act accordingly then we must be put on restriction as much as I dont agree with it for so many reasons but at the same time the more we dick around the longer we are dragging this out. Just let me ride still. Pretty pleaseeeeee.

·
Registered
261 Posts
On Saturday my girlfriend developed a cough, which she accounted to the apartment being really dry. On Sunday she developed a 101.4 fever and had chills. Today she had a video conference with a Dr, who confirmed a viral infection, though without testing couldn't confirm. At this time NY doesnt feel to test her. Shes now quarantined for 2 weeks, nobody in, nobody out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Means you should self quarantine as well. (Assuming you're not in some LDR or something.)
I havent seen her since the 16th, so they said I'm probably okay, but to exercise caution. My job also gave me clearance, but I'm to not be in the same room as other people.

2 weeks ago I was making jokes about it, and now someone I know is in quarantine, my sister has a compromised system and my mother and father have preexisting conditions. I'm not afraid, but I see the folly in my previous comments. Stay safe people.

·
Vendor
1,181 Posts
I havent seen her since the 16th, so they said I'm probably okay, but to exercise caution. My job also gave me clearance, but I'm to not be in the same room as other people.

2 weeks ago I was making jokes about it, and now someone I know is in quarantine, my sister has a compromised system and my mother and father have preexisting conditions. I'm not afraid, but I see the folly in my previous comments. Stay safe people.
don't feel bad, lot of people in the same boat, this is not a normal . thank god, situation. Every thing has us so programmed to think ahh this is not the big deal they are making it out to be. You cant be blamed for thinking this was the same way

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
125 Posts
On Saturday my girlfriend developed a cough, which she accounted to the apartment being really dry. On Sunday she developed a 101.4 fever and had chills. Today she had a video conference with a Dr, who confirmed a viral infection, though without testing couldn't confirm. At this time NY doesnt feel to test her. Shes now quarantined for 2 weeks, nobody in, nobody out.
Shes suppose to be separated from you as well if you live together. Let me know how you figure that out so I can hide from my kids lol. Hope she feels better soon!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Here's an awful one I read last night.

Spanish soldiers helping to fight the coronavirus pandemic have found elderly patients in retirement homes abandoned and, in some cases, dead in their beds, the defence ministry has said.

Spanish prosecutors said an investigation had been launched.

The military has been brought in to help disinfect care homes in Spain, one of Europe's worst hit countries.

Meanwhile, an ice rink in Madrid is to be used as a temporary mortuary for Covid-19 victims, officials said.

The virus is spreading very fast in Spain - the second worst-hit European country after Italy.

On Tuesday, the health ministry announced that the number of deaths had risen by 514 in the past 24 hours - a daily record.

A total of 2,696 people have now died and there are 39,637 confirmed cases.

·
Registered
261 Posts
don't feel bad, lot of people in the same boat, this is not a normal . thank god, situation. Every thing has us so programmed to think ahh this is not the big deal they are making it out to be. You cant be blamed for thinking this was the same way
I think its important personally to admit when I am wrong, and the sensation of helplessness is starting to set in. I have a friend who is disaster relief management for the Red Cross, I'm going to see what I can do to help him.
Shes suppose to be separated from you as well if you live together. Let me know how you figure that out so I can hide from my kids lol. Hope she feels better soon!!!!
We dont live together right now, things were a little crazy in the past 6 months so I moved into my parents house, but with everyone there I'm worried about bringing it home. Luckily, I'm pretty fond of camping so worst case I go into the wilderness.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
93 Posts
I wonder what impact or precedent this is going to set for future public health policies (in the US specifically). Think of how long its taken to (mostly) ban smoking in public places... if we can shut down the whole country to save <1% of the population then what can/should we be doing about obesity, vaping, and any number of other 'public health' issues that impact far more people than this virus will touch.

In general I'm against 'big' government and the policies it pushes that impact our individual rights and freedoms, however I'm also disappointed in my fellow Americans and their refusal/inability to see the bigger picture and do the right thing on their own without 'big brother' having to force things on us. The 'spring breaker' above is a perfect example of idiots ruining a good thing for everyone esle.

181 - 200 of 287 Posts