Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New to FZ community. Just picked mine up a little over a long ago and have fallen in love with. Girlfriends a bit jealous even. Amongst some of the budget mods I'm looking at doing I really would like to mount a security type camera on the bike just in case anything ever happens but haven't found a good way of going about that. Any ideas or things you have done?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Helmet cam is really the only way to use it in the way you're intending. Allows you to film everything when you look around rather than just a fixed area...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Ah, dash cams. I've sat here for hours watching the Russian traffic "fails" on You Tube.
Those people make me feel like the safest rider on earth!
Sorry for the hijack.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
987 Posts
Reactions: mxlu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've spent hours watching those vids as training material for what not to do. Some of hem are pretty humbling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'd love to get on of the cena headsets but they're crazy expensive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's what I'm going with after researching a lot of products. I don't want some IMAX level film. I just want a "black box" type of documentation while riding in case something happens. Add that you can listen to music, use the phone, and have an intercom while recording and it's a no brainer for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I guess I'll start putting money away for that then. If I could offload my old bike it'd be a no brainer but that has yet to happen

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've got a GoPro which I first mounted on the crossbar for my MRA screen. It's an excellent location if you're riding sweep in a group and want to record them - but not good for anything else. I used my chest strap once - but I lean forward every time I accelerate - so it was even worse. Helmet mounted is the only way to catch anything near your bike with one camera. Top of helmet and side both tugged too much on my helmet - so chin mounted is my preference. If there isn't a properly shaped surface close enough to the front then what works best is the GoPro wrist strap - just wrap it around the chinbar instead of your wrist.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have a couple of Countour HD cameras. They are streamlined, mount anywhere on the helmet because of the rotating lense, and are water resistant. I never liked the boxey shape of the GoPros.

Texas bugs.

contour.jpg

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Those look interesting.

Can they be hardwired to the bike to start and stop recording when you turn on and off the ignition.
Yes they can, that's how I have them wired in my cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts