Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, rode into the back apron of the driveway and was making a 1 mph turn. Tapped the front brake and the bike just toppled to the right with the bars turned well to the right.

Scraped up the bar end, bent the front brake lever, scratched up the engine cover. Nothing functionally damaged other than a slightly bent shorter front brake. But I feel absolutely crappy about it.

Such a stupid move on my part. I should have known better.

JW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The first "incident" always just hurts, especially on a new bike, but we ALL live and learn and hopefully never repeat.........at least that same mistake!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry man. Those mistakes suck and make you so mad at yourself. My sister once put her car in Drive instead of Reverse and pinned my SV 650 into the wall of the garage along side my dad's KTM Super Duke. That was a sad day.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I did ride it more like I stole it after the dings! I'm glad that I did it too, not one of my kids putting the first ding on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Sux, but at least it was slow speed etc. Yeah, things can get funky at really low speeds like that, you don't have the same stability of higher speeds.

And yes, there is a particular freedom riding a bike that isn't perfect any more. Weeee!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Too bad about the drop. But if it is any consolation, I too think a ding or two is normal. My bikes have mostly been commuters so I don't sweat a scratch here and there. I know there are people in who want their bikes to be perfect forever but heh, bikes only stay perfect if you don't ride them. Bikes are meant to be ridden and dinged. Ride 'em.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It is important you didn't get hurt. You can always fix or rebuild an FZ-09 but human body parts are more expensive. Live to ride another day!!! Now your bike has character!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts