Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Was hoping someone has also been the same moron like I have been or at least may have an idea what I may have done to it.

Started driving away with my disk lock (Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 Disc Lock) on the left disk, as you can imagine I admittedly did slam it pretty hard moving forward, into the bottom of the caliper. Without tearing into anything yet, I do not see really any physical damage upon inspection, nor any leaks; however, there is no pressure at all without pumping, which immediately subsides when I am not holding the lever down after pumping.

It was in fact a newer MT09 that I jacked up, but any advise would be appreciated

Registered
Found what?

Registered
If in fact you warped or bent the rotor every rotation will push the caliper piston in hence you have to pump the brake to push the piston back out . This would happen with every full rotation of the rotor. My bet is the rotor is warped or bent out of shape ! And by looking at the pic you need a new one anyway .

Registered
Sounds like you bent your rotor which is pushing your pucks open causing you to pump your brakes. Replace rotor and problem should be gone. Looks like a pc of rotor broke off where rivet is.

You should be able to see a bend. Put bike on front stand and spin wheel watching rotor and pads. Or, you can pull in brake lever (lightly) and push bike around and see if you can feel the lever move every time you hit bent section of rotor.

If rotor is in fact bent, replace immediately and don't ride around like that!

Registered
Have you got a "tell tale" cord for the disc lock? Something brightly coloured that you wrap around the throttle or brake lever. My Oxford lock came with one.

Reactions: wheelz96

Registered
A brightly coloured curly cord will work well.

Registered
Thanks for sharing! Coworker got his tuono stolen from the work parking lot a few weeks back (i was parked right next to him about 30 min prior to the arrival of the thieves). So I have a disc lock/alarm and an underseat alarm i've been using now... I am quite paranoid i'll forget the disc lock since it is so new to me lol. I'm just glad to hear if I do screw it up that the rotor may be the only thing damaged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts