Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got covered on my FZ/2012 Vstrom/Xr 250l/ for $332.
$240 better than Progressive and I'm not padding George Soros's pocket.:D
note: full coverage on FZ/minimum on other 2.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dairyland has probably been around longer than you,since 1966.So what were the bad reviews?
And who do you recommend and what are you paying?
You hadn't heard about em but you did not find any good reviews? Ok.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have had them for almost a yearThey are ok but the only thing i don't like about them is and it is a minor dislike is the time difference when try to contact them. Now i took off my 1300 cruiser and added the 09 i asked them if was considered a sport bike and he said we have nothing telling us that it is and it is being insured as a standard. I will be getting a refund of about $35.00.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dairyland has probably been around longer than you,since 1966.So what were the bad reviews?
And who do you recommend and what are you paying?
You hadn't heard about em but you did not find any good reviews? Ok.
Yeah. I hadn't heard of them until I read this thread and then I searched for some reviews on google and found only bad reviews. Does that help?

I am not recommending any company but I assume that the company that I insure with, won't give me the run around when its time to claim (hopefully never). Again I am not saying that Dairyland will give the run around -- just that I haven't found good reviews on that company.

·
Registered
558 Posts
They advertise in moto mags a lot, what's your deductible on the FZ? must be pretty huge to get that low a rate.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So inxsible you found the bad reviews.Did you find good ones on any insurance co. ?
Mine is $1000 deductible.
Probably most comments on insurance companies are not good.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I wish Rider Insurance covered all 50 states :/

·
Registered
611 Posts
So, I am getting raped by Progressive.

Just got an online quote from Dairyland and it is WAAAAY cheaper. I haven't cancelled an insurance policy before, but I am being billed quarterly from Progressive so I should be able to cancel when this quarter is up and pay whatever penalty($50 I think) and be on my way right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, you can cancel anytime. They will send you your refund back.

Although one of the reviews on Dairyland complained about the same thing... where he paid for the year but did not get the refund back even though he sold the bike. I don't know much about Dairyland. Can some ppl who have experience with dealing with the claims department of Dairyland chime in?

Dairyland is WAAAY cheaper for me as well (half of progressive, 5 times less than GEICO and 3 times less than AAA) but I am not sure if I'll get the run around when and if I have a claim.

Dairyland is based out of Wisconsin ....

·
Registered
570 Posts
One thing to watch out for in general, you get a great rate the first year (to pull you in as a customer) and then they jack it up the second year. Progressive pulled that on me with my Hawk GT, so I switched to Geico and they've kept it at the same rate for three years now.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just saved a ton of $$ by switching my moto insurance over to Dairyland! ;P

Basically, my annual premium at Dairyland is LESS than what my quarterly premium was with Progressive. All I had to do with Progressive was bring my account up to date..they prorated what I owed them. Easy. =)

·
Registered
558 Posts
CRAP.
Dairylands doesn't cover Oklahoma. I'm doomed to pay a ridiculous amount on insurance. D:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts