Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
You'd be very hard pressed to pick up 10 HP on almost any bike with an exhaust, filter and tune. More likely with a good exhaust (Graves, Akra, etc), and a dyno tune by someone that really knows what they are doing and you might get 3-5 HP.......but, you should lose some weight with the stock exhaust gone, maybe 10 to 12 lbs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wow. I wasn't expecting B mode to lower the HP, but only to change the throttle curve.

but 107 at the wheel? Either it is making more than 115 at the crank or that is one efficient transmission.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You'd be very hard pressed to pick up 10 HP on almost any bike with an exhaust, filter and tune. More likely with a good exhaust (Graves, Akra, etc), and a dyno tune by someone that really knows what they are doing and you might get 3-5 HP.......but, you should lose some weight with the stock exhaust gone, maybe 10 to 12 lbs.
On both my gixxer 1000s I got over 10hp gains from stock. Akra, PCII & III, Attack velocity stacks, TRE, Dyno tune.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A 7% drivetrain loss is typical for a chain driven bike, shafties can get up to 12% losses depending on whether there are 1 or 2 90 degree changes in drive.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Several forum people have been stating as fact that B mode will give the same horsepower.

Guess those were just opinion pulled from the ether.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts