Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts
Probably. A lot of newer bikes have it as a 'security measure.'
I wonder if it's just the blinking light or if it actually has an anti theft system onboard.

Look forward to your thoughts on it when / if they ship here.....

Just looking at that thing made me for a split second question my FZ-09 purchase.....

Though that upgrade can wait for a couple years after they work out the kinks and upgrades start hitting the shelves.

immobilizer (immobiliser). i believe they're mandatory in certain european countries. remember, it's an mt.
We have a winner. The key has a chip in it, the ECU only recognises the correct chip, so you get 3 keys with a new bike. With the MT, it's 2 black keys, and a red key. If you lose the red key, you can't get copies made.

When it first started coming in over here in Aus, it caught out a few streetfighter guys. Buy a bike without keys cheap from the auctions as a project, then realise that it needs $2000 worth of ECU/harness/ignition/keys made it not so cheap.
Until we realised you could get a US ECU since you guys don't get immobilisers on a lot of bikes.
And, of course, additional plug in bits and pieces that bypass the ECU/chip connection.

Hmmm... apparently they needed 2 other MT/FZ models to get to determining they could add LED turn signal lights as a stock option to the MT/FZ lineup.
Should be interesting when it gets here.

Ugh. What happens when a Transformer poops out an origami sandwich. I'll pass.

The headlight assembly is atrocious, but I would be a serious player for a FJ version as a replacement for my bike in 3 years time. I will be 60 by that time. I still ride like a 30 year old, but my concentration and endurance are not what they once were.

I like the potential for a track bike "for me", I like the safeguards of the trac control, ABS, & antilock... Not a huge track guy yet but have zero issues with having a helping hand to keep me out of trouble when im starting to learn how to really push the limits.

Wish the FZ09 has that but I'll have to learn how to keep myself in check on track days... Will likely be good for me with no assistance getting started.

Any new info on this? I've been googling it every day to see if anything new pops up but it's been stagnant since the unveiling.

I like the potential for a track bike "for me", I like the safeguards of the trac control, ABS, & antilock... Not a huge track guy yet but have zero issues with having a helping hand to keep me out of trouble when im starting to learn how to really push the limits.

Wish the FZ09 has that but I'll have to learn how to keep myself in check on track days... Will likely be good for me with no assistance getting started.
You really don't need all those assistants on the track as a beginner. Just go out on what you have, you will have a blast.

Love this MT10, soon to be FZ10. Is an R1S turned into a FZ. This past March I attended a yamaha demo even and asked about the FZ 10 comming to The US. The yamaha rep. Told me no news buto nothing rumorshort that it may come in last quarter of 2017 or 1-2 quarter of 2018. This will be my next bike

When I got a glimpse at the first MT10 I thought, "a must have". I realize it's a bit edgy for some people but that Kind of terminator look is appealing to my old 66 year old butt. Whether you like it or not, I'll bet a lot of people will ask what in the world it is. Wouldn't you know it, just after getting my new FZ09. Oh well, maybe next year.

I'd be on the lookout for a Yamaha North America product announcement tomorrow, I heard they're going to be announcing a "New FZ1" and a new SxS tomorrow.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.