Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts
looks like a transformer in my opinion - similar to the Kawasaki sorry if someone has already stated this, I didn't read through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less torque? The current R1 is good for about 83 lb-ft compared to the FZ09's ~65 lb-ft. It'd be shocking if they'd lose 20 lb-ft in their detuning quest for more torque.
Let me re-phrase that. Less bottom end torque.

I am thinking of my Ninja 1000 that I had before my fZ09. It was tuned to have more bottom end and mid range than many of the other liter bikes. Don't know what the dyno numbers are but performance wise my FZ would beat it from 0 to about 90mph.

The Dyno tests were not run on the same day but were done be me on the same Dyno & are only a guide line, here are the Dyno numbers, 2012 Z1000 DNA filter air box mods + pipe + custom mapping V my MT09 with DNA filter, Akra carbon & custom flash tune mapping.

Z 1000 in RED, Torque

HP

Acceleration V MPH as mentioned by Hawkerjet the MT would be faster up to 90mph + have a 30kg weight advantage, with the Z1000 coming into it's own in the higher revs. MT09 in BLUE

The Dyno tests were not run on the same day but were done be me on the same Dyno & are only a guide line, here are the Dyno numbers, 2012 Z1000 DNA filter air box mods + pipe + custom mapping V my MT09 with DNA filter, Akra carbon & custom flash tune mapping.

Z 1000 in RED, Torque

HP

Acceleration V MPH as mentioned by Hawkerjet the MT would be faster up to 90mph + have a 30kg weight advantage, with the Z1000 coming into it's own in the higher revs. MT09 in BLUE

Cycle World tests (for comparison):
2014 Z1000
0-60 MPH 2.5 sec., 1/4 MILE 10.38 sec. @ 129.88 mph, TORQUE 75.8 lb.-ft. @ 7510 rpm
Kawasaki Z1000 ABS- Naked Motorcycle Review- Photos- Specifications: Rich performance for the poor.
2014 FZ-09
0-60 MPH 2.7 sec., 1/4 MILE 10.66 sec. @ 125.24 mph, TORQUE 61.5 lb.-ft. @ 8,480 rpm
Middleweight Three-Cylinder Engine Motorcycles- Comparison Review: Yamaha FZ-09 vs. Triumph Street Triple 675 R vs. MV Agusta Brutale 800.

Obviously MT10, we don't know yet.

Cycle World tests (for comparison):
2014 Z1000
0-60 MPH 2.5 sec., 1/4 MILE 10.38 sec. @ 129.88 mph, TORQUE 75.8 lb.-ft. @ 7510 rpm
Kawasaki Z1000 ABS- Naked Motorcycle Review- Photos- Specifications: Rich performance for the poor.
2014 FZ-09
0-60 MPH 2.7 sec., 1/4 MILE 10.66 sec. @ 125.24 mph, TORQUE 61.5 lb.-ft. @ 8,480 rpm
Middleweight Three-Cylinder Engine Motorcycles- Comparison Review: Yamaha FZ-09 vs. Triumph Street Triple 675 R vs. MV Agusta Brutale 800.

Obviously MT10, we don't know yet.
I will Dyno one as soon as I can get my hands on one.

I remember how much I didn't like the FZ09 back then... I bought the first one at the dealership, didn't even sit on one. The FZ-10 is probably the same thing. Bike looks great and aggressive but not sure about those widget around the rad... and just don't get why the headlight is not attach to the fork like a real naked bike. I'm sure the aftermarket will pick up on this one "Nick" lol

What's with the blinking light on the dash? Security?

I remember how much I didn't like the FZ09 back then... I bought the first one at the dealership, didn't even sit on one. The FZ-10 is probably the same thing. Bike looks great and aggressive but not sure about those widget around the rad... and just don't get why the headlight is not attach to the fork like a real naked bike. I'm sure the aftermarket will pick up on this one "Nick" lol
Man, I'd love to pick one up to fix the ugly and ride the hell out of it. However, I believe Stoltec Moto would need to layoff the FZ09 and FZ07 to make that happen. We'll see.

Interestingly, that walk around showed the RH radiator guard to be solid, whereas the LH side is not. Wondering what they put in there...or if they are using the guards to improve cooling efficiency by reducing air spillage.

I'd like to see one of these with the R1 tail section...

61 - 80 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.