Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just read Kit Palmers long term test of our beloved fz09 and I feel he hit the nail on the head with his article. If you want to read it just go to cycle news and use the cyber flip, I realy enjoyed it. RR:cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
So twitchy A & STD modes, which always defaults to STD upon startup and a soft suspension. The only bad things he can say about the bike...

Something we all know. Still a stomping good bike for what we all paid $8000 !!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Twitchy throttle and soft suspension. I'm sure we have some supporting vendors that know what to do with those...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ugh... that cover photo, leaned over and highlighting the fugly exhaust, was not the most flattering angle to choose IMHO

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great review. That guy must have an iron ass though since he said he was fine with day long riding on the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think the seat is fine.

In the article it said that you can change the ride mode on the spot. In the manual, if my memory serves me, it said that you have to be at a stop. Have you guys changed the mode while riding?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the seat is fine.

In the article it said that you can change the ride mode on the spot. In the manual, if my memory serves me, it said that you have to be at a stop. Have you guys changed the mode while riding?
You can change the ride mode when you're in motion at any speed. You just have to close throttle first. No need to come to a full stop.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
It surprises me Kit Palmer hasn't signed up for the (semi) official New FZ-09 t-shirt. Gotta question his knowledge if he doesn't know enough to sign up with Niner for a shirt:cool:

·
Registered
885 Posts
The throttle must be closed, but there is no requirement to stop. I will change modes while fully stopped, during shifts, and at highway speeds (clutch in, throttle off, change mode, and proceed). After a little practice at highway speeds, the mode change may occur very quickly with very little loss of speed. If you leave the clutch engaged with the throttle off, you may still change the mode, but the FZ-09 decelerates noticeably. I use all three modes on almost every ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts