Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Riders,
I really yes really dig the "Dark Side" logo of our 09er (MT version)… searching hi and low I wasn’t able to find a Tank Pad that represent the shape -essence of it.
Now, anybody here that dealt with custom made Tank Pads?? Please post your experiences… thanks!

BTW I'm in contact with ‘Immortal Graphix’ -sorry but they wanted to have a down payment before seeing any designs :-(

UPDATE... LabelBike Dario and I created a new TankPad from his MT09 one (see below) it will come without or with Model number such as FZ-09, MT-09 or no writing;

Dark Side logo... and to the right is the new LabelBike version.
MT-09-Logo.jpg FZ9 USA.jpg

BTW Dario is truly an great guy, he work without a down payment (from Italy) on this new graphics based on the Dark Side (MT09) logo that he already produced (Poogamer69 has one). Even with my modifications ideas to streamline a bit more.. he was on-board and mod it.. awesome!

I will update you all as soon as the TankPad arrives and is installed unto my 09er Rocket...
Kudos goes also to 'Poogamer69', he was the ONE that gave me-us the lead on Dario aka Labelbike in the first place -thanks!!

Update
Received the awesome TankPad from LabelBike Dario today.... mannnn can't be happier (check out more pictures below).
LabelBike
LabelBikeFZ09US.jpg

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Have you looked around at some European websites?

That is the logo for the MT-09, not the FZ-09, so there may be something out there on a British, French, or Italian site that involves that logo.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Problem I see, is that all of them look goofy with the striped tanks. They need to create a tank pad that actually matches the stripe, instead of simply covering portions of it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you looked around at some European websites?

That is the logo for the MT-09, not the FZ-09, so there may be something out there on a British, French, or Italian site that involves that logo.
Funny you mention Europa, I'm from Germany and purchased the rear carrier and fly screen over XMast. And sadly none of the Vendor I know back home seen an MT-09 Tank Pad :-(
Still that Dark Side logo no matter which 09er is hot....

Problem I see, is that all of them look goofy with the striped tanks. They need to create a tank pad that actually matches the stripe, instead of simply covering portions of it.
Hmm right, any idea's how you want your Tank Pad? Especially with your gorgeous blazing Orange 09er..

·
Registered
555 Posts
Haha I have this one:

When viewing bike from the back, looks awesome mixed in with the same Dark Side logo on the genuine Yamaha accessory rear fender. Flows.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha I have this one:

When viewing bike from the back, looks awesome mixed in with the same Dark Side logo on the genuine Yamaha accessory rear fender. Flows.
NOT FAIR!!!! :(
Now you have to tell us where to get those Tank Pads... or you owe me a case of Foster's lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
From Ebay mate, an Italian vendor.

You can keep the Fosters, we wash down our driveways with that shit. All its good for lol.

Check out here for those that are interested, it does have MT-09 written into which is gonna suck for a lot of FZ-09 owners lol. Maybe they can be made with a change?

Paraserbatoio Adesivo Serbatoio in Resina 3D Compatibile per Moto Yamaha MT 09 | eBay

I do have to say though, they look and feel awesome. Very high quality gel/resin pads. The side/thigh pads give me the perfect amount of grip (and look effing cool as) and the front pad, even though I very rarely touch the tank at all with my jacket and I have a tankslapper kit on the tank anyway........is more there just simply for looks than anything else. And look good it does I reckon with that Dark Side symbol.

I will take a shot right now of how it looks from the back with the fender symbol blended in.........two secs guys.

·
Registered
555 Posts

Yeah I got that pad on real straight lol. I suck at that. Good enough.

Love the way that it flows though with the two Dark Side symbols. Nothing else I need to add to the bike IMO, except those Buell clubman bars and GPR damper for maximum sickness lol.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can keep the Fosters, we wash down our driveways with that shit. All its good for lol.
Hahaa dam, I miss that humor... right on with that driveway wash!!
BTW don't you have to work :cool: , you are 12-13 hours in front of us... man your commuting ride rips.

Thanks for the tip and URL, stay cool & in the shade.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hahaha I am at work now lol. Lucky for me I am in an office with nobody else around!!! You used to live over this way? Humour is our strongest point. We excel in it. That's about it lol.

Yeah my commute everyday is 30km, 15 each each way alongside the beach. So not far enough in my opinion!!! But enough to at least pop a few 2nd gear power wheelies. :evil6:

It is at that weird phase right now of in between seasons......cool mornings, but still warm days and evenings. So makes it hard to choose the leather jacket for the cool mornings, or the textile for the warm ride home. Went textile today.......damn I was cold lol, 5.30am I am on the road......dark and cold......and too dark to be able to chuck the tinted visor on as well. Oh the first world problems we face.

30C today. And the same for the rest of the week. Lovely.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Riders,
I really yes really dig the "Dark Side" logo of our 09er (MT version)… searching hi and low I wasn’t able to find a Tank Pad that represent the shape -essence of it.
Now, anybody here that dealt with custom made Tank Pads?? Please post your experiences… thanks!

BTW I'm in contact with ‘Immortal Graphix’, to see if and how much a Dark Site Tank Pad would run.

Dark Side logo
View attachment 3413
Keep us updated on what Immortal tells you. I'd be in on that. That looks awesome!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
UPDATE... LabelBike Dario and I created a new TankPad from his MT09 one (see below) and it will come without or with Model number such as FZ-09, MT-09 or no writing at all;

New Dark Side LabelBike graphic;
FZ9 USA.jpg

BTW Dario is truly a great guy, he work without a down payment (from Italy) on this new graphics based on his Dark Side (MT09) tank pad (Poogamer69 has one). Even with my ideas to streamline a bit more he was on-board and mod it.. awesome!

I will update you guys as soon as the TankPad arrives and is installed on my 09er Rocket...
Kudos goes also to 'Poogamer69', he was the ONE that gave me-us the lead on Dario aka Labelbike in the first place -thanks!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good to see manufacturers that will still change up their products!! Good stuff. I hope you get it on straighter than I did lol.

Only going the top piece not the sides?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Guys I'm stocked!!!
Got the envelope from Italy today (it took 12 days) but the wait was worth it. Dario from LabelBike is awesome, the Tank-Pad looks exactly what the mod Design was!!!! LabelBike

View attachment 4395

View attachment 4396

View attachment 4397

View attachment 4400

View attachment 4398

View attachment 4404
So I looked at the ebay site and it only shows the one with the mt-09 insignia. Should I message him to get custom or what? Also, is it possible to get the same thing that you have but without the "label bike" on it?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts