Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum as of today. I bought my fz in Jan this year. The bike is awesome. I had a few things on my list to upgrade and suspension was first. The bike is being currently worked on as i post this thread. The builder is wanting to put a package together for this specific bike and make it very affordable.

The builder even mention a possible group buy opportunity. i do not have all the details as of yet but i will post the details and pictures once my bike is complete.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Would the group buy be for both front and rear shocks? I have an Ohlins shock on order and was going to get my front fork through Stoltec but that's not an option now so i'm actively looking for a front fork solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The builder can do just a front fork solution but yes i think the group buy will be for both front and rear

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am new to the forum as of today. I bought my fz in Jan this year. The bike is awesome. I had a few things on my list to upgrade and suspension was first. The bike is being currently worked on as i post this thread. The builder is wanting to put a package together for this specific bike and make it very affordable.

The builder even mention a possible group buy opportunity. i do not have all the details as of yet but i will post the details and pictures once my bike is complete.
Interested to see what you guys come up with. :eagerness:
Keep us updated......

·
Registered
369 Posts
Would the group buy be for both front and rear shocks? I have an Ohlins shock on order and was going to get my front fork through Stoltec but that's not an option now so i'm actively looking for a front fork solution.
Can you say more about the Ohlins? A quick peek through their site shows nothing for FZ09? I was going to go Stoltec, but am now surveying my options...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Can you say more about the Ohlins? A quick peek through their site shows nothing for FZ09? I was going to go Stoltec, but am now surveying my options...
It's been back ordered for a few months. Should find out more about it next week.

I'll shoot you a pm when I get it as to not hijack this thread.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'd be interested. I didn't notice the diving when braking so much until Nick reflashed my ECU for me. I guess I was entering corners with the state of mind "Don't touch anything until you exit the corner". Now that the throttle no longer upsets the chassis I notice the brakes doing it more. The tires seem to be wearing faster after the reflash too - they should warn people about the consequences of reflashing their ECU's! :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
+1, especially interested in the front forks solution.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I would be up for a group buy depending on whats offered....Im all good on the rear but I need something for the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Rick at Cogent Dynamics has my bike currently. The bike will be completed by this weekend hopefully. I will provide the full details and pics of what was done. I needed a solution that was affordable for me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am interested, depending on what they are looking to deliver and how well it is tested before hand.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
KFG Racing/ GP Suspension in the Seattle area is top notch! They did a JRI double clicker and GP suspension on mine. It handles great now!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone for your patiences!!! I picked my bike up several weeks ago from Cogent Dynamics. I rode up in the mountains for about an hour before my 2.5 hour trek home. The bike is night and day from before. Let me give you my profile before i get into the details. I am 6 foot 2in and weight 230lbs. I am no Valentino Rossi just and aggressive weekend warrior. This bike is not a track bike for me. That being said here is the list of upgrades:

Rear:
Custom built GP shock with Eibach spring

Front:
Race tech springs
custom built 25mm GP cartridge

The ride: When i first bought the bike being as large as i am i notice that the bike liked to squat under acceleration and while in a turn it felt like is was floating. Under braking the front would dive on me heavily. I have had several weekends to take out the new upgraded ride. Let me just say that i can truly feel the different in the riding. No more squatting in the rear and the front feels great. The bike actually feels faster because it doesn't squat. In the turns the bike feels like it is on rails.

if you are interested please contact Cogent Dynamics. They have everything whether you want to do just the front or just the rear or both. If at least ten people are interested in the front Cogent Dynamics wants to make a run on custom fork springs. Please let them know that you heard this from Chris L.

let me now if you have any questions and i will try to put up a few pics.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just got off of the phone with Rick at Cogent Dynamics. The package he is exploring would contain rear shock with the characteristic of the Penske 8600. The fork solution would be a 25 mm cartridge for the rebound side and springs for both sides with 5w oil. The fork solution would be similar to the GP Suspension 20 mm valve kit and would use the stock caps. Because it is a cartridge, it would be a drop in solution. A 25 mm cartridge pushes much more oil then a 20 mm solution which allows for the use of 5w oil.

This the mods he did to clob1122's (Chris) bike. He is shooting for a package price around 1k. He talked about having custom springs made. The down side is he would have to order 80+ springs of the same weight (.80 or .85). I suggested he check with Sonic Springs and talk to Nick.

Reactions: Davinci

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just got off of the phone with Rick at Cogent Dynamics. The package he is exploring would contain rear shock with the characteristic of the Penske 8600. The fork solution would be a 25 mm cartridge for the rebound side and springs for both sides with 5w oil. The fork solution would be similar to the GP Suspension 20 mm valve kit and would use the stock caps. Because it is a cartridge, it would be a drop in solution. A 25 mm cartridge pushes much more oil then a 20 mm solution which allows for the use of 5w oil.

This the mods he did to clob1122's (Chris) bike. He is shooting for a package price around 1k. He talked about having custom springs made. The down side is he would have to order 80+ springs of the same weight (.80 or .85). I suggested he check with Sonic Springs and talk to Nick.

Tog thanks for the breakdown.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts