Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't like the look of the OEM seat and also wanted something more comfortable. I didn't like the looks of some of the aftermarket seats, or if I did like a particular seat, I didn't like price.

I gave the upholsterer a picture of a seat and copied it as best as possible. He added the foam that you see in the pictures and also a thin layer of softer foam over that and on the rider seating area. The price was $250.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
so do you sit back against the ridge? It looks nice. Is it comfortable?

Reactions: FZ09Jeff

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I have found for me, the most comfortable seat mod is when the seating area is completely flat....with absolutely NO forward slope. This allows all of the weight to be distributed over your entire butt. When they slope forward, at least for me, it causes me to put most of my "seating weight" on the two bones in my butt.

Reactions: rtsb and ridetofish

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so do you sit back against the ridge? It looks nice. Is it comfortable?
Thanks. I haven't ridden the bike yet. I added the ridge for looks as much as a butt stop. I'll ride it tomorrow and report back.

I just sat on the bike and put my back/butt against it. It feels good. I'll definitely feel more secure when cracking the throttle open.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yer gonna love it. Just relax your body, stomp on that throttle as hard as you can and your ass will just wedge into the back stop. I sure do love mine. Here it is.
Next stop is the Stoltec reflash View attachment 7041

Is that a Corbin seat?? Gunfighter??? Custom?? Can you enlighten me, Please??? Looks great....

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yer gonna love it. Just relax your body, stomp on that throttle as hard as you can and your ass will just wedge into the back stop. I sure do love mine. Here it is.
Next stop is the Stoltec reflash View attachment 7041
How do you keep the front end weighted down if you're sitting that far back in the saddle? I'm 6'3" and if I want to do any aggressive turning (let alone accelerating), then I'm all the way forward to get more weight on the front wheel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bashar: Graphite may be faster, but the ladies love the orange!

Marthy: It's a Corbin, done in Hollister CA. Custom fitted to my arse.

Tripleblaze: It improves the comfort 1000%. Before, my inner thighs were feeling it after a short ride. Now I can relax and concentrate on the road and curves without clamping on for dear life, with no fatigue even after hours.

davehadahonda: Yes, it's a Corbin, money well spent. Not a Gunfighter, I don't like that style.

JustWantToRide: It's not far back. I'm a little dude with short arms and have to ride forward just to be comfortable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts