Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody i,'ve been wanting to pull the trigger on a nice seat but I also want to have a cowl and Im worry about the fit. Does anyone else have a combination and what is it? Thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey everybody i,'ve been wanting to pull the trigger on a nice seat but I also want to have a cowl and Im worry about the fit. Does anyone else have a combination and what is it? Thanks!
You could also try looking at seats that have a "cowl" built into the seat themselves. The Aaron Coulter Saddlemen Seat and Corbin Gunslinger are the two, I can think of.

Aaron Coulter Saddlemen:
image.jpg

Corbin Gunslinger:
image.jpg

Reactions: jonahaustin1

·
Registered
509 Posts
I posted the same question about a specific seat recently. Problem is unless you have a custom seat built, the seat's not being made with a cowl in mind. The only one I've heard that will fit for sure is the Yamaha Comfort Seat (with the Ermax cowl, I believe), but it's supposedly a pretty tight fit.

Your best bet would probably be in buying the cowl you like and then visiting an auto/moto upholsterer to have a custom seat built. I believe there's a guy here on the forum (forget his name) that does custom work - maybe if you sent him the cowl you've chosen, he could do something for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm running the stock seat with a Pyramid cowl, not yet painted to match the bike. The plastic isn't the heaviest for sure but everybody likes the way it looks. I believe you can buy them color matched now direct.

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts