Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My father and I decided to transform a 2000 KZ1000P into a modernized street bike. The bike has modern forks and a modern swingarm from GSX-R and ZX6R motorcycles. It also has keyless RFID ignition, LED headlights, BMW M3 paint, and 2002 GSX-R 1000 wheels. The only original things from the police bike are the frame and motor. The motor has been bored out and is now a 1075 CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
315 Posts
Great project, and workmanship.

I have transplanted later model suspensions, on several bikes over the years, it is always fun to do the test rides.

**One more thing, clean up that shop!!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Been following this on Instagram. Love the bike (never saw the original pic - that's quite a transformation) and sounds like a really cool project to share with your dad.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice job!
very cool
Great project, and workmanship.

I have transplanted later model suspensions, on several bikes over the years, it is always fun to do the test rides.

**One more thing, clean up that shop!!
Been following this on Instagram. Love the bike (never saw the original pic - that's quite a transformation) and sounds like a really cool project to share with your dad.
Thanks for all the kind words. It is not only his first project bike, it is his first motorcycle period. We (95 percent him) did everything except for the paint and carb tuning. My favorite part is the ignition. I will post a vid later... And lol, yea the shop is always kept neat.

Reactions: Rayminator

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
What mirrors do you have on the FZ?

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are CRG arrow models

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's a sweet build. BTW, you guys can come visit and help me organize my place. It looks like I'm a victim of a low-level detonation!
Haha

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Awesome build man. You have a cool dad!

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome build man. You have a cool dad!
Thanks man. He's a good guy. We fought a lot along the way but cruising together up Mt. lemmon made it all worth it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Here's a little video of the bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts