Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Try a local body shop, I have done this on several bikes .If you don't want a way out custom paint job and some shops can do that very good .

·
Registered
190 Posts
Also, just a random question. Has anyone ever had the thought of throwing fairings on this bike? I love the bike, but it just feels like it is missing something. I would love to get some side fairings and a sport bike-like front fairing, but I am not really sure if that is possible. Any input on all of this would be greatly appreciated :D
With enough money thrown at it anything is possible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
TAke the tank and fenders off and take to local Macco Ask to have the bike painted white when a car come in to be painted white Should be couiple hundred or so.
Good luck and we want to see pics when done

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a 93 yamaha FZR600 that was white and red.....loved that color scheme. Sorry no pics available cuz back then photos were still....photos...lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Im going to highly recommend AGAINST maaco. They do a crap job, for cheap. If thats what you want, then go for it. My personal friend has a paint shop, with a $20k booth (not bragging about him). But he paints full fairing-ed bikes for about $1000. If its just the tank, tail section, and fender, Id guess around $600-$800 for a color change with nothing custom (pinstriping/stripes/flames/chameleon colors, etc.). Take to a body shop and ask. I can ask my friend too, if you want. Maybe forums are a new venture that he can branch to..

·
Registered
221 Posts
I want to get my frame painted black but im sure they will tell me the bike needs to be disassembled for I that :(
for that, id recommend getting it powder coated. And you would have to remove everything :(

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would take a picture of the pieces you want painted and email a bunch of local shops requesting an estimate. I wouldn't imagine that it would be that expensive (depending on how fancy you want the paint to be), especially if you do all of the dis-assembly yourself.

The rubber pads on the tank are on there with a fairly strong adhesive, so you're either going to have to have them taped off and painted around, or pull them off (which would pretty much destroy them) and replace them after the tank has been painted.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'd try wrapping it first. There are youtube videos on the subject, and i don't think it'd be that hard to do. It's also easy to reverse, in case you decide you hate it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Lol at the maaco

Reactions: Evil Mechanic

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just to give you something to compare to..
I am doing my wheels gold to match the forks..
A high end local shop quoted me 125 a wheel for single stage gold and 200 a wheel to do gold base with a candy to mimic the anodized gold look.
This is with me fully removing everything from the wheel.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It's funny you posted this I just started checking out Mike Lavellee of Killer paint in Snohomish Washington its east of Seattle.He's done a lot of well know people's paint jobs.Going to start figuring out what I want to do for the winter for next year.
home

Reactions: yuu_kazu
1 - 15 of 15 Posts