Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the style and look of the two brother exhaust but, seriously i cant drop that kind of money on it. I am considering buying just a two brothers CAN/slip on from amazon that is for a 600cc or 1000cc bike (this way i know there wont be any flow restrictions). From there i would buy the strap that holds the exhaust up on the bike from two brothers that is actually used form the fz09, getting some stainless steel pipe and welding it all together. A slip on is a slip on right? so there shouldn't be any issues when the ecu is flashed...? Can anybody give me any input at all good, bad, or indifferent? encouragement? discouragement? helpful tips?

The only other option is buy the m4 which i am not thrilled with how much it sticks out compared to stock.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I love the style and look of the two brother exhaust but, seriously i cant drop that kind of money on it. I am considering buying just a two brothers CAN/slip on from amazon that is for a 600cc or 1000cc bike (this way i know there wont be any flow restrictions). From there i would buy the strap that holds the exhaust up on the bike from two brothers that is actually used form the fz09, getting some stainless steel pipe and welding it all together. A slip on is a slip on right? so there shouldn't be any issues when the ecu is flashed...? Can anybody give me any input at all good, bad, or indifferent? encouragement? discouragement? helpful tips?

The only other option is buy the m4 which i am not thrilled with how much it sticks out compared to stock.
How do you plan on bending the connector pipe from the collector to the slip on without it looking ghetto? A straight piece of pipe is not going to work. Then after that...how will you change the fuel mapping so the bike runs properly without spending any money? Cheap doesn't cut it on motorcycles.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'd say get the M4, I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Since the mt09 doesn't have a standard, traditional mounting or position for the exhaust, a normal exhaust makes it hard to fit without a lot of work.
But yes, a slip on is a slip on, no big drama there. Scorpion also make slip ons, or if you want to get really shifty, get the titanium OEM can from an R6. Straight through pipe, titanium, and Yamaha road legal stamps. And cheap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cd599 i would probably not bend the pipe. i would probably just cut smaller sections and use angles. I would change the mapping by having vcyclenut flash the ecu. Thank you for your input. i would source this work out to a welder. fz09r i may end up folding and getting that exhaust but, if i can help it i want an exhaust that wont get hurt if the bike tips over. keef, thank you. i will take a look at that exhaust and take it into consideration. My only concern is i want a slightly louder exhaust.

Thank you all for your input so far. Any thing else?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pipe 2.jpg Pipe 3.jpg
cd599 i would probably not bend the pipe. i would probably just cut smaller sections and use angles. I would change the mapping by having vcyclenut flash the ecu. Thank you for your input. i would source this work out to a welder. fz09r i may end up folding and getting that exhaust but, if i can help it i want an exhaust that wont get hurt if the bike tips over. keef, thank you. i will take a look at that exhaust and take it into consideration. My only concern is i want a slightly louder exhaust.

Here is the pipe mode I did before it went back on the bike and the muffler installed, cheap and easy, will get a nice new modern shaped shorty muffler at some stage which will just clamp on, sounds fantastic and there has been no fuelling issues, saved 3kg and added a couple of hp for sure :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts

It is definately louder. The OEM R 6 can fits after the cat on the R6, it's a straight through pipe., the cat does most of the muffling. It's legal on an R6, but not once you stick it on a different bike. But who's going to point that out? Still has the yammie approvals stamped into it.
I had one on a KTM 640 SM, it was wake the dead loud on a big single at the top of the rev range. Bloody awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts