Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I've been getting hammered to get this up, have been flat out lately...

So we've had about 6 MT-09's come through our workshop for custom tuning so far, the one below had an Akro Ti Full System already fitted when it came in. The results were pretty amazing and the owners have all been really happy which is the most important thing - Our local Yamaha Dealer supplied us with a stock demo MT-09 this afternoon which did a best run of 97 RWHP (not on this graph). I'll post some more graphs up as they become available, especially comparing stock to full system O2 off custom tuned.

Interestingly we had an owner come in yesterday with a PCV and Auto tune fitted - just by removing the PCV it picked up 2 RWHP - the bike was actually making less than a stock bike would (not any longer.....)

So from a stock figure of 97 (111 DJET) to 106.3 (122.3 DJET) so far we're pretty stoked with the results and cant wait to get to a track day to see how they go there.

MT-09 As Arrived V Gen 2 Custom Tune Full AkroTi Graph.jpg

MT-09 As Arrived V Gen 2 Custom Tune Full AkroTi.jpg

·
Registered
671 Posts
Great to see you guys gets getting on top of the 09 ECU re-flashing.

Sounds like the PCV was set up with a poor map, a PCV is only as good as the person who inputs the fuel tables. One thing I can prove & have a lot data on the subject is you can not just let an Auto tune left running & expect it to tune you bike all the time, a bike needs to be mapped under load & an Auto Tune does not respond quick enough to varying throttle opens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're dead right Kev, I believe this PCV and Auto tune could have been set up better - it wasn't a slur, more of an observation and point of interest

I like bikes that come in with a PCV as I dont have to set up a TPS input for the Datalogger :cool:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Not taken that way at all mate.

Well done for being the first to remove the closed loop in a re-flash, I have managed to do it & confirm that I can stop the closed loop from running on the MT09 without re-flashing the bike I used to build the mod back in 2010 on other Yamaha's but riders found the mod to hard to fit & so the O2 controller was born as a plug & play mod, I will not be producing this mod this time it is just me playing with different things & wanted to confirm I could do it on the MT, I have sent how I did it to Marty to test as I know he wants his closed loop turned off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts