Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These lifts are available from many suppliers,with many different brand name and prices.To find a good lifting point on the front right of the engine,I had to unmount the radiator catch tank which is held on with two screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the same one. I also have a complete hydraulic table and a clamp for the front wheel.
Ride the bike with the front wheel in, get of the bike and she stands without using the jiffy or a paddock stand.
Works perfect. I use the jack only to get the front wheel clear of the ground to clean it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Good question. The CG of the complete bike is right around the crankshaft, so you can take the forks out or swing arm out without worry on a stand with this kind of "wheelbase".
Makes me wish I had a welder and all that room in the garage.
Would it be back heavy and tippy if you removed the forks?...same question if you removed the rear wheel

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Would it be back heavy and tippy if you removed the forks?...same question if you removed the rear wheel
No,I use this with my GSF1250 and the potential imbalance is greater with that than the 09.If it were a problem,it is easy to put a block under the opposite end and lower the wheel to touch it.

I gave the bike a good shake while loose tethers held it if it fell off the stand.All that happened was it rolled on the jack's wheels.Felt like it was bolted down.I would trust this more than race stands.

The 09 is very stable on this stand.More stable than the Bandit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts