Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I live north of DFW area. Currently ride a 07 SV650S. Bought it in the spring last year and really enjoy riding it. Wasn't really looking to replace the bike with anything else until I saw the FZ09. Everything I wanted out of the SV is in the FZ09. Things like handlebar setup instead of clip ons, more upright seating postion(SV isn't terrible), more power, same weight as the SV. The list goes on and on. Hopefully the bike isn't a disappointment when they finally are available.

Thanks

YJ GTO

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't work in DFW but its 50/50 commuter and weekender. Haven't got to ride much to work because of road construction.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome YJ GTO! Care to share a pic of the SV?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome. I'm a fellow SV Haver from up in NJ and felt the same way about the FZ. However I'm caught in the dilema of wanting to ride the track now. So its "buy more gear and track days" or "possibly sell SV and buy FZ-09."

I'm torn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WP_000206.jpg
WP_000422.jpg

First one is before the Delkevic Slip on. Also have a R6 throttle tube, ZX10R shock. Looking to replace the fork internals with the Traxxion drop in kit and maybe convert to a handlebar set up from an N if an FZ09 deal doesn't work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts